By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian 35 minutes of gameplay of final build.

A bit of a long video, but nice to watch.

The Last Guardian: Final PS4 Gameplay Walkthrough

Around the Network

Won't watch,but i hope its great😱 can't wait!
Ff15 and the last guardian.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Graphically it doesn't impress, looks like Twilight Princess HD at times, but such puzzle-gameplay could be good. If it remains clever enough for the entire game. We'll see, color me mildly interested.

Yeaahhh not gonna watch
At this point i can wait and play it for myself

S.Peelman said:

Graphically it doesn't impress, looks like Twilight Princess HD at times, but such puzzle-gameplay could be good. If it remains clever enough for the entire game. We'll see, color me mildly interested.

Lul wut?

Around the Network

Looks cool but there is no way in hell this can sell more than 1 million copies. What was the point of developing this through 10 years? Sony needs to keep a tighter leash in their teams, this is not something that can happen again.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Looks cool but there is no way in hell this can sell more than 1 million copies. What was the point of developing this through 10 years? Sony needs to keep a tighter leash in their teams, this is not something that can happen again.

You don't know that, ICO and SotC have had very long legs. VGCharts has SotC + the remaster sitting at 2.5 million (1.14+1.31)
Plus sometimes there's more to life than money. I'm glad Sony let Famitu Ueda stick to his original vision instead of cancelling or releasing a broken game on ps3. The man deserved to complete his project and not turn it into a No Man's sky release.

I hope things like this can happen again, since to hell with yearly sequels.

SvennoJ said:
WagnerPaiva said:

You don't know that, ICO and SotC have had very long legs. VGCharts has SotC + the remaster sitting at 2.5 million (1.14+1.31)
Plus sometimes there's more to life than money. I'm glad Sony let Famitu Ueda stick to his original vision instead of cancelling or releasing a broken game on ps3. The man deserved to complete his project and not turn it into a No Man's sky release.

That´s a very different approach from what I expect from a development team, I will give you that. It reminds me of Guns n Roses and Def Leppard taking 15 and 8 years to finish their albums, it does not matter how good the album is, it is just too much time.

For what we know of the industry, such a game can not be a smash hit. Sure, it is awesome, but it is not the kind of game that sells millions, not in this day and age.

Hits nowdays are games that just make us lose ourselves in a well elaborated world in which we can fulfill primal instincts or to live stuff we see in the movies, like GTA5 or Battlefield, or crazy fun games that are addictive by their super fun mechanics, like Mario Kart 8 or Splattoon. 

Or even, cathartic experiences that involve us in a web of repressed feelings, like Until Dawn or Hitman Absolution. Esotheric concepts like Last Guardian do not sell blockbusters usually.

I just fail to see how this took so much time to be completed. It smells like OCD instead of a genious mind, like, no respect for planning. Sounds like Suicide Squad: starting to do something before you are sure of what you want to do.

Aside that, Final Fantasy 15 is proof that no good thing comes from such a long time developing: the result is usually a mess. Last Guardian does not have the same problem. It is not a mess, but it feels like a tiny result for such a enormouns gestation.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

BraLoD said:
WagnerPaiva said:

That´s a very different approach from what I expect from a development team, I will give you that. It reminds me of Guns n Roses and Def Leppard taking 15 and 8 years to finish their albums, it does not matter how good the album is, it is just too much time.

For what we know of the industry, such a game can not be a smash hit. Sure, it is awesome, but it is not the kind of game that sells millions, not in this day and age.

Hits nowdays are games that just make us lose ourselves in a well elaborated world in which we can fulfill primal instincts or to live stuff we see in the movies, like GTA5 or Battlefield, or crazy fun games that are addictive by their super fun mechanics, like Mario Kart 8 or Splattoon. 

Or even, cathartic experiences that involve us in a web of repressed feelings, like Until Dawn or Hitman Absolution. Esotheric concepts like Last Guardian do not sell blockbusters usually.

I just fail to see how this took so much time to be completed. It smells like OCD instead of a genious mind, like, no respect for planning. Sounds like Suicide Squad: starting to do something before you are sure of what you want to do.

Aside that, Final Fantasy 15 is proof that no good thing comes from such a long time developing: the result is usually a mess. Last Guardian does not have the same problem. It is not a mess, but it feels like a tiny result for such a enormouns gestation.

Svennoj just told you there is more to life than money, and if money is not a concern, as yes, dragging it for so long you are bleeding money, but if it can still be release it does matters, to the fans and to the devs/composers.

Yes, I get it. But I don´t like it. Sony is sitting on so many amazing properties that need a team to develop them: SIREN, Siphon Filther, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Wipeout, MAG, and on and on and on...

I would like to see JAPAN showing more discipline and results, that´s all.

WagnerPaiva said:
SvennoJ said:

I haven't played it yet. I rather think it's an enormous result to be able to bring a 10 year project to a succesful close. At least it doesn't look like a Duke Nukem Forever or FF15. The difference is one man with a vision. This game is not designed by comittee.

I love projects like these where the vision of the director can come to life. Normally that's restricted to lower budget indies, yet once in a while someone gets the chance to really go for it. I'm glad he got that chance.

It's the only non VR game I'll be buying this season as all the sequels are not appealing to me. It probably didn't sell much, yet Here they lie is now my second favorite psvr title and more memorable than Uncharted 4 to me. So deliciously weird. A diamond in the rough.