By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Zelda:BotW delay is going to happen, Wii U version will be cancelled.

The whole situation has been a complete clusterfuck.

Around the Network

why not just delay the wii u version too?
better than loose the most loyal fans (that are fans enough to buy a failed console for a game), if nintendo lose them, theyre ruined.

Then why waste all that time showing off the game on the Wii U, show the features that the Game Pad could do and show how amiibo support worked on the game? The Wolf Link amiibo alone should at least show that this game is not gonna leave the Wii U since amiibo functionality is there regardless if Switch utilizes that kind of support as well. People already bought TPHD and the Wolf Link amiibo, so why suddenly change plans when you can easily transfer data from one game to another on the same console?

The game is ready. The delay is on the localization. That's all.

Kai_Mao said:
Then why waste all that time showing off the game on the Wii U, show the features that the Game Pad could do and show how amiibo support worked on the game? The Wolf Link amiibo alone should at least show that this game is not gonna leave the Wii U since amiibo functionality is there regardless if Switch utilizes that kind of support as well. People already bought TPHD and the Wolf Link amiibo, so why suddenly change plans when you can easily transfer data from one game to another on the same console?

Good joke.

Around the Network

Wii u is dead long live the switch

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Boberkun said:
Kai_Mao said:

Good joke.

I guess I shoulda worded it better :P Regardless, they are utilizing the Game Pad albeit to a small extent. Something similar to WWHD. Able to see the map, switch out items, etc. Other than that, my point still stands. They showed too much on the Wii U to just drop that particular version after years of developing it based on the Wii U architecture. The graphics and frame rate will improve on the Switch version, but its still a Wii U game that is being enhanced.

Kai_Mao said:

I guess I shoulda worded it better :P Regardless, they are utilizing the Game Pad albeit to a small extent. Something similar to WWHD. Able to see the map, switch out items, etc. Other than that, my point still stands. They showed too much on the Wii U to just drop that particular version after years of developing it based on the Wii U architecture. The graphics and frame rate will improve on the Switch version, but its still a Wii U game that is being enhanced.

They cut all the U pad features from the game.

Not a chance. Nintendo isn't Sony.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Boberkun said:
Kai_Mao said:

They cut all the U pad features from the game.

All of it? I don't know. I've seen footage of the game pad and them using the map on the pad. Then you got the amiibo functionality as I previously mentioned.