By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did they explain Ash`s new look (Pokemon anime)?

Do you like Ash`s new look?

Yes 15 15.79%

No 54 56.84%

Pikachu! 26 27.37%

Total:95
Swordmasterman said:
People are really comparing Dragon Ball Super and Pokemon ? I'm sure that, despite the change of art style, Pokemon won't become worse than Super's animation.

Hahahaha. Are they serious? How involved is Toriyama with Super?

Around the Network

I just wanted to say that I really like Lillie in Sun/Moon so far, but...

This triggers me somewhat.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Because he's been catching Pokemon for what, like 20 years?

Ultrashroomz said:
I just wanted to say that I really like Lillie in Sun/Moon so far, but...

This triggers me somewhat.

Ah. He finally got a new hat. 

Don't hate. 

Hiku said:
spemanig said:

Wait... Are people actually trying to argue that Z or Super have good animation? They're DBZ was like the poineer for modern corner cutting techniques in animation to save costs because they had so many episodes to do. DBZ has never had impressive animation.

And that Naruto vs Pain fight was amazing. It's supposed to be off model. That's the point.

Nah. One DB Super episode, which happened to have great animation as they hired some very talented people to work on it, was given as an example that you can maintain artstyle quality while providing great animation in an anime TV series with Naruto's budget. There are plenty of other examples, including in Naruto itself.

It wasn't just the different artstyle that people had an issue with in that Naruto vs Pain fight. That same person animated Sasuke vs Orochimaru, which was much more well recieved to say the least.

I wouldn't consider any of the Super examples shown off in this thread as anything above mediocre. I also don't consider audience reaction when assessing quality because most people who watch anime don't understand anything about animation.

I never said anything about the art style. I was strictly talking about the fact that the characters in the scene go so off model. That's what people have a problem with, and that's what's so great about the scene. It doesn't abide to the models given because the animators understand that it is more important to communicate motion and emotion than it is to make pretty frame-by-frame, on-model art. Not everything is about making your character look good.

Naruto vs. Pain is not just one of the best animated fights in Naruto, but one of the best animated fights I've seen in anime period.