By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian – CG Cinematic Trailer

Will this help The Last Guardian sell like gangbusters?

The Last Guardian – CG Cinematic Trailer | PS4

Around the Network

Interesting that it's advertised as "CG" it practically looks in-engine to me.

Nice enough trailer, not sure it gives much to people who don't know a great deal about the game.

celador said:
Nice enough trailer, not sure it gives much to people who don't know a great deal about the game.

I don't think this will have a mass appeal, and I think Sony knows it.  I think it's pretty much targeted to its core audience.

If not, then I'll show up afterwards wearing a fluffy tutu.

Around the Network

Dunno, don't want to watch it. I have seen too many spoilers already.
Any advertising will be better than the usual no advertising. I still haven't see a single commercial for psvr, like it doesn't exist.

I find it jarring that the kid looks rather cartoony while everything else looks more realistic.

SvennoJ said:
Any advertising will be better than the usual no advertising. I still haven't see a single commercial for psvr, like it doesn't exist.

I saw a trailer for Batman Arkham VR in a movie theater, does that count?

CaptainExplosion2 said:
SvennoJ said:

I saw a trailer for Batman Arkham VR in a movie theater, does that count?

Well it's something. Probably easier to give an idea of VR on a 3D cinema screen than in a tv commercial.
However, last movie I saw in theaters was Interstellar, good old 2D 70mm IMAX.

I doubt I'll catch any TLG commercials either, I watch the wrong crap.
Is it really less than 3 weeks away, hard to believe after all this time!

I don't really like how this game looks (I mean the in-game graphics, not this CGI nonsense). The character looks just like Link in Breath of The Wild, but the rest of the world looks more realistic. This is a rather jarring contrast if you ask me. It doesn't really work well. They should have just gone all the way like Breath of The Wild did.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides