By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Holy Trinity - Release Date Prediction

?

No, Onion, that shit is too good to be true 11 44.00%

yeah, definitely. 9 36.00%

But... Metroid :( 5 20.00%

Total:25

Mario at launch, a real Mario 64 2

Breath of the wild... summer, probably May.

Pokemon, November. And not a spin off, a real pokemon game. Masuda is not the director of Pokemon Sun and Moon because he's directing the third game for the Switch. Source: My uncle.

these 3 games are going to be key for the success of the first year.

Btw, my prediction is based on this info http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pok-mon-mario-and-zelda-headline-nx-dream-line-up/0170678

"Developer Game Freak will bring Pokémon to the platform, while Nintendo’s first party titles include the previously announced Zelda game – Breath of the Wild – and a new Mario game. All three products are scheduled to appear within the first six months of the machine’s life."

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
What is a "real" pokemon game?

Like pokemon Snap? or an actual typical pokemon game?

Also what picture are you going to post if you get this wrong?

it's right there, read.

"And not a spin off, a real pokemon game. Masuda is not the director of Pokemon Sun and Moon because he's directing the third game for the Switch"

Nah no pictures, maybe for the next one. I'm going to give away a geforce GTX 1070. Now, wanna bet something?

Bandorr said:
onionberry said:

it's right there, read.

"And not a spin off, a real pokemon game. Masuda is not the director of Pokemon Sun and Moon because he's directing the third game for the Switch"

Nah no pictures, maybe for the next one. I'm going to give away a geforce GTX 1070. Now, wanna bet something?

Sure but a "real one" is subjective. I don't keep track of pokemon games. Do they typically come out every year?

Also no interest in the video card. I would probably have to update my power supply and goes knows what else. My computer is old but works so I rather not touch anything.

Depends, sometimes every 2 years, sometimes a remake after a new generation.

Then a Nintendo Switch!

If it's well priced and all three of those are out by the end of the year, I may get it earlier than I expected

The Holy Trinity is
-2D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash on home console
-2D Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon on hh

B-league games like Zelda, 3D Mario and M+S at Olympic games are great second tier games but let's try and stay level-headed.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

3D Mario at Launch
Zelda May
Pokemon November.
Nintendo will need a big new game not a Wii U port to launch sometime during late August or early September because no new Nintendo games between May-Nov will be a drought and Nintendo should avoid droughts for the first few years because that's one of the reasons the Wii U couldn't keep it momentum.

Also i could see Retros new game for September and Pikmin 4 during October or Jan 2018.

I would not bet your butt on it this time sis.
But Breath of the Wild and Mario I would give you 70%.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Pyro as Bill said:
The Holy Trinity is
-2D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash on home console
-2D Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon on hh

B-league games like Zelda, 3D Mario and M+S at Olympic games are great second tier games but let's try and stay level-headed.

B league games????  sorry but what? Zelda on conoles always sells more than 3 million, but the game sells a lot of consoles. 3d Mario?

Mario 64 - 12 million

mario sunshine - 7 million

Mario Galaxy - 12 million

Mario galaxy 2 - 7.5 million

Mario 3d world - 4 million

and I'm not even talking about olympic games.

I think people always expect that at launch a Nintendo console is gonna have a Mario game, its almost something most already take for granted and I really doubt this new "real" Pokemon game is another entry of the main series considering we are getting one in 2 days.

Zelda BTW tho, thats where the hype really comes from, lets hope they dont keep pushing it back.