By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

Where is Deus ex for goty? Dark souls 3? Best portable with the crappy FE fates but no Trails of cold steel?

Oh Geoff... you disappoint me.

This looks like U4 gushing awards.

Around the Network

I find the Goty list to be underwhelming to be honest. The absence of Dark Souls 3 is very disappointing.

Nem said:
Dark souls 3?

It's the same as the way the Oscars work, release a film too early in the year and by the time awards come around people forget about it.

Seriously, Overwatch for Game of the Year? Sure it's fun and I'm enjoying playing it but it really lacks substance. Until the update that jsut went through there was like 1 mode to play.

To be honest, looking at the list it was a slow year. Loads of big games are out early next year or right not missing the awards deadline.

Hmm, pie.

My bets (Not who I think should win, since I haven't played most games):

Game of The Year

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Studio/Game Direction

Blizzard

Best Narrative

Mafia III

Best Art Direction

Abzu

Best Music/Sound Design

Doom

Best Performance

¿¿??

Games for Impact Award

That Dragon, Cancer

Best Indipendent Game

Inside

Best Mobile/Handheld Game

Fire Emblem Fates

Best VR Game

Rez Infinite

Best Action Game

Battlefield 1

Best Action/Adventure Game

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Role Playing Game

Dark Souls III

Best Fighting Game

Street Fighter V

Best Family Game

Pokémon GO

Best Strategy Game

Cvilization VI

Best Sports/Racing Game

NBA 2K17

Best Multiplayer Game

Overwatch

Teeqoz said:
Best Narrative
Firewatch

Best Indipendent Game
Firewatch

Lol, what a joke. The game had a crappy narrative and wasn't good.

i got bored of it half way through. and i usually like these types of games. 

Around the Network

Well, from those it is quite obvious which will win. Uncharted 4 will be the winner.

Boberkun said:
This list is a joke. Where is Paper Mario: Color Splash in the "Best Art Direction"/"Music/Sound Design"/"Action/Adventure Game" categories? Where are Shin Megami Tensei IV Final and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the "Best Role Playing Game"/"Music/Sound Design" categories?

Hypocrisy towards Wii U and Nintendo is obvious here.

just because a game has a cartoony look doesnt mean it has good art direction. fact is Paper Mario has a pretty bland art desgin. 

This

doesnt have an impress art desgin as this

Or

Heck, compare Paper Mario to another game with a similar art direction, tearaway. and you will see the vast difference in art desgin there.

and please stop with this tin foil hat consiperacy of people hating nintendo/wiiu. they barely point out anything worth while this year and it shows. 

bananaking21 said:

just because a game has a cartoony look doesnt mean it has good art direction. fact is Paper Mario has a pretty bland art desgin. 

No it doesn't, at all, is the only thing where all critics agree, the artstyle of the game was great, you just used a meh picture.

bananaking21 said:
Boberkun said:
This list is a joke. Where is Paper Mario: Color Splash in the "Best Art Direction"/"Music/Sound Design"/"Action/Adventure Game" categories? Where are Shin Megami Tensei IV Final and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE in the "Best Role Playing Game"/"Music/Sound Design" categories?

Hypocrisy towards Wii U and Nintendo is obvious here.

and please stop with this tin foil hat consiperacy of people hating nintendo/wiiu. they barely point out anything worth while this year and it shows. 

I can't agree with the first sentence (Paper Mario artistic design is great, even though it wouldn't be the winner for me, and the OST is also great and a true contender for the award), but certainly agree with the second. Those conspiracy whining make no sense, especially when there are other Nintendo games nominated...

hershel_layton said:
Did you seriously put pokemon go over pokemon sun and moon?

I think Sun and Moon missed the deadline, thats why.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1