By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: Zelda: Breath of the Wild to miss Nintendo Switch launch

Well shit. The delays on this game is craycray

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
vivster said:

If it comes out earlier on the Wii U then Switch buyers are punished. Either by being forced to buy and play it at launch on the Wii U or by being forced to wait. That's both punishment for Switch buyers.

And no, I don't believe it will be released before the launch of the Switch.

and if it is delayed until 2018 for both that is punishment for both wii u AND switch users.

You rather be FORCED to wait, instead of being given the option rather you want to wait or not?

It's a false choice. Waiting for the Switch version after it is already released on Wii U isn't actually a viable choice.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Does not bode well if true. They better have another heavy-hitter, or this thing will stumble out of the gate.

I personally do not mind Nintendo taking their time, especially for a feat of a game such as BotW. For years, Nintendo has always provided such great quality to their games, whereas so many developers will squeeze their games to make a certain launch window, and provide us with an unfinished game. Which of course is the bane of all gamers existence. Take your time Nintendo, and make it the best Zelda game ever!!!

vivster said:
Bandorr said:

and if it is delayed until 2018 for both that is punishment for both wii u AND switch users.

You rather be FORCED to wait, instead of being given the option rather you want to wait or not?

It's a false choice. Waiting for the Switch version after it is already released on Wii U isn't actually a viable choice.

Why?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
vivster said:

Why?

Do you want to voluntarily wait to play a new Zelda game even though it's already out? I don't.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm going to buy the Wii U version anyways, Switch will have to wait until a decent number of actual exclusives show up.

Xen said:
Does not bode well if true. They better have another heavy-hitter, or this thing will stumble out of the gate.

From the OP: 

"/---/ We've heard the console's new Mario will be ready in time to fill this role."

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

vivster said:
bigtakilla said:

Why?

Do you want to voluntarily wait to play a new Zelda game even though it's already out? I don't.

It would just mean that  they would need something other than Zelda at launch.

Stellar_Fungk said:
Xen said:

From the OP: 

"/---/ We've heard the console's new Mario will be ready in time to fill this role."

Both rumors. Both could be true, either one could be true... Mario would be nice though.