By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famicom Classic Edition sells over 250k in 4 days

Lol, that numbers are great even for a completely new system. I hope that the NX will sell that well.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
... In Japan alone? That's almost a WiiU launch xD.

Actually, it's almost a launch of all home consoles  from 6th gen... Except xbox branded consoles/ and the overly expensive at launch, PS3!

Great, if supply is enough I could see it selling 1M in japan alone !

tak13 said:
Volterra_90 said:
... In Japan alone? That's almost a WiiU launch xD.

Actually, it's almost a launch of all home consoles  from 6th gen... Except xbox branded consoles/ and the overly expensive at launch, PS3!

That's insane. And they went through stock issues, it could have sold even better. Honestly, I expected about 700k LT, worldwide. What an awful prediction xD. I'm glad that it was way better.

that's massive!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Lol, that numbers are great even for a completely new system. I hope that the NX will sell that well.

Don't hope, it's destined to sell that well in the first week...

PS2/PS4, GC/WII/WII U, all have sold  in that level in their first week, so Switch should invevitably sell at that level too in its first week...

It seems like there is a stable audience for each company ( Sony/nintendo ) that purchase their consoles in the release week, at least in Japan... (  that didn't happen with  PS3 because of its excessively high cost ) ;)

Although, switch is a hybrid, so it might also get sales from handheld consoles buyers...

Volterra_90 said:
tak13 said:

That's insane. And they went through stock issues, it could have sold even better. Honestly, I expected about 700k LT, worldwide. What an awful prediction xD. I'm glad that it was way better.

hehe

Also these are the first weeks of handheld consoles from 6th gen and beyond...

GBA 370k

DS 460K

PSP 170K

3DS 380k

PSV 320k

Apropos, according to a famous Japanese blog, the famicom shipment was 300k...( From Hiska's kun post on gaf )
It sold 263k units in first week, ergo 37k units left on the shelves across the whole Japan.

Hence, it must be very hard to be found... Next supply is coming in December, as Nintendo stated recently!

So no famicom on the shelves for rest of November, it must have depleted or it is about to deplete.... lol

tak13 said:
Apropos, according to a famous Japanese blog, the famicom shipment was 300k...( From Hiska's kun post on gaf )
It sold 263k units in first week, ergo 37k units left on the shelves across the whole Japan.

Hence, it must be very hard to be found... Next supply is coming in December, as Nintendo stated recently!

So no famicom on the shelves for rest of November, it must have depleted or it is about to deplete.... lol

So at least two shipments of 300k for japan then. And perhaps another smaller 100k in 2017. Not bad at all. The mini-nes could sell 2 mil globally when all is said and done.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Now if this wasn't in limited stock.. how many would it have sold?!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]