By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV | PS4 VS PS4 PRO VS XBOX ONE | GRAPHICS COMPARISON

The x1 version looks gross.

Around the Network

Thats weird. Why is the a noticeable difference between the ps4 and xbox one version? Every other game comparison videos i couldnt see the difference but this theres a huge difference.

I kinda want to clean up my glasses when looking at the Xbox One version lol.
It should look ok when playing though.

But resolution doesn't matter and upscaling is good enough /s

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice videos, but I'm personally more interested in framerate. Hopefully the Pro version will hit 60 after the December patch.

Around the Network

Technically, this game seems like a mess. Many recent games have shown very good results in terms of AA and post-processing - especially Titanfall 2 looks amazing on consoles. It seems that Square is left behind these recent developments in terms of IQ and it shows dramatically.

Eh, xbox one version looks pretty bad still.

walsufnir said:
Technically, this game seems like a mess. Many recent games have shown very good results in terms of AA and post-processing - especially Titanfall 2 looks amazing on consoles. It seems that Square is left behind these recent developments in terms of IQ and it shows dramatically.

Isn't that a design choice, though? The game have physical calculation for weathering and environment, real-time global illumination, also being open-world and all. Those advanced technical aspects surly were more important to SE than AA and post-processing, or even the resulotion which is dynamic on both consoles unfortunately. I honestly think it is kind of silly to compare it with Titanfall 2 which is very limited in its design. It is always about the priorities.

VXIII said:
walsufnir said:

Isn't that a design choice, though? The game have physical calculation for weathering and environment, real-time global illumination, also being open-world and all. Those advanced technical aspects surly were more important to SE than AA and post-processing, or even the resulotion which is dynamic on both consoles unfortunately. I honestly think it is kind of silly to compare it with Titanfall 2 which is very limited in its design. It is always about the priorities.

It's not about design, in my opinion. Again, recent games showed a major improvement for the second wave games this gen in terms of IQ. FFXV seems to still be a first wave game and right from the beginning was a technical mess - they are only making small improvements in the latest build.

Yes, the emphasis for this game is different but still they left out a decent AA solution that others are able to utilize.

Either way, the game will fail on XBO but given that the game seems to look so bad on this system, they are also responsible for that.

pretty noticable differnce, between normal PS4 and the Xbox One.

When the video shows the Xbox One version followed right after by the PS4 pro version.. its like wow.... you can instantly tell.