By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

I would not expect a player with a passive power like "not getting killed" to be informed that his power had been stolen. If he had a role where he was trying to actively do something, or especially if he had a role where he would expect to get some feedback information, then he might have been told, but being bulletproof is not such a case.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Mr.Playstation said:

I didn't recieve any E-Mails from Trucks stating that my power has been taken away (Not sure whether it's because I shouldn't or because Prof didn't actually take my power).

That's so not what I was hoping to hear.

Is your power tied to an item? Or does the wording in your PM suggest a power/ability?

Keep in mind that you should never quote your PM.

It is in fact tied to an item. It's a "shield" kind of.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I mean, it depends on the mod, but I would be pretty surprised if TOS would tell a bulletproof guy that his vest got borrowed.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I would not expect a player with a passive power like "not getting killed" to be informed that his power had been stolen. If he had a role where he was trying to actively do something, or especially if he had a role where he would expect to get some feedback information, then he might have been told, but being bulletproof is not such a case.

So how was prof told that he had been attacked the other day?

Unless he has to be informed since his power wasn't his in first place.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Final-Fan said:
I mean, it depends on the mod, but I would be pretty surprised if TOS would tell a bulletproof guy that his vest got borrowed.

I was thinking the opposite. I would have thought he's be informed of his item being stolen.

Mind you, it's not really based on anything. Just thinking aloud, seeing who agrees.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:

So how was prof told that he had been attacked the other day?

Unless he has to be informed since his power wasn't his in first place.

Good point there.

Shot in the dark here, but:does anybody here have any experience with the bulletproof role/item? Are you informed when you lose your BP status?

miz1q2w3e said:
Shot in the dark here, but:does anybody here have any experience with the bulletproof role/item? Are you informed when you lose your BP status?

again something at mod discretion, I personally wouldn't inform the person that he lost his protection no matter what - the only thing I am sure of is that mr.p's protection (if it still exists) is exactly the same as profs, so he would get informed too if he lost his protection. We sadly have no vigilante to support/deny that claim anymore.

There is a nice little town brownie about miz, when baalz was killed and linkz questioned it, miz said, "maybe it was because you (linkz) hinted at him having a pr role."
This was incorrect, linkz said darwin, not baalz. I'm pretty sure that if miz was actually mafia, the would have their facts a little more thought out. It appeared that this post was simply him using memory from when it was said, rather than using a more recent "kill plan memory".

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone. It's worded poorly. I'm saying, if miz was mafia, he was active at night, his memory of what was said would've been better than that.

Anyone else notice the flavor of baalz death?
His hook around his neck
And a bullet in his skull.

Did baalz actually kill himself?
And get killed by someone?

I wonder if we have a redirector