By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

Mr.Playstation said:
Linkzmax said:

As to your two latest posts, you've been in 4 games now? You're no expert on winning percentages. Last game had good balance such that either team could have won with good play. Town played worse(mostly because zero had an IRL issue) and so mafia won, but it wasn't stacked in their favor.

No, I can't see the future.(Xander is the time-traveler) I mean at the time of my post offering Town points you had said something that really caught my eye, and since that time you had basically repeated it. If I point it out myself, it leaves less for others to do, which makes it harder for me to determine their alignments.

Sorry I didn't answer those questions because they're downright stupid.

1) A town person gets killed when Mafia attack him once. I can survive two nights. There you go....

2) I though the two person comment was enough to make people figure out my role. Guess it wasn't.

You're going to find nothing since I'm town, so you're just wasting your time.

Also just going into the whole mafia vs Town scenario. The game is stacked against town period. Town don't know who's who and town have to get over a whole linguistical and trust barrier.  Mafia on the other hand have their own private chat and by elmination know who's who. So yes the game should have more roles which give an advantage to town. Don't see why since I'm a BP there must be a strongman on the mafia side.

Uhhhh, I don't think it has been clarified whether or not there is a chat for mafia this game.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
Mr.Playstation said:

1) A town person gets killed when Mafia attack him once. I can survive two nights. There you go....

2) I though the two person comment was enough to make people figure out my role. Guess it wasn't.

Also just going into the whole mafia vs Town scenario. The game is stacked against town period. Town don't know who's who and town have to get over a whole linguistical and trust barrier.  Mafia on the other hand have their own private chat and by elmination know who's who. So yes the game should have more roles which give an advantage to town. Don't see why since I'm a BP there must be a strongman on the mafia side.

Uhhhh, I don't think it has been clarified whether or not there is a chat for mafia this game.

Most games have a mafia chat these days, trucks last game had one. I don't see why it shouldn't have one now.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Ooh so linkz was talking about mrp when he was offering those townie points. I'm a big fan of little games so I wanted to try. If I find it I'll say it if mrp gives up.

I stI'll think mrp is town though, so it's really just for sport at this point.

axumblade said:
Just an observation but has anybody else noticed Darwin has been absent from this game since theprof pointed out his suspicions?

As for Mr.P, I don't necessarily doubt his roll. I just wish he would have waited to reveal it. He has a tendency to act a bit scummy but that's just his posting style in general in mafia games.

In my defense, I've barely been on the forums at all today. Today has ben a pretty exhausing day at work.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

axumblade said:

While I do get that, I just got home myself and last night I was at a concert so I wasn't on here much then either.

That being said, the fact you instantly showed up after I mentioned your absence kind of has me questioning your absence altogether.

Well, if I see that there are new posts here, and I'm here, I'll click to see what they are about.

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
Linkzmax said:

As to your two latest posts, you've been in 4 games now? You're no expert on winning percentages. Last game had good balance such that either team could have won with good play. Town played worse(mostly because zero had an IRL issue) and so mafia won, but it wasn't stacked in their favor.

No, I can't see the future.(Xander is the time-traveler) I mean at the time of my post offering Town points you had said something that really caught my eye, and since that time you had basically repeated it. If I point it out myself, it leaves less for others to do, which makes it harder for me to determine their alignments.

1) That's not equivalent to two town people. Games are typically measured in how many lynches are available. A no kill at night only buys half a Day. 1+1/2 =/= 2.

2) Not only was it not apparent, since people were guessing you meant double voter, a role which is literally two town people and is confirmable. Since you didn't answer me, I'm guessing you have no clue what confirmed means.

Darwinianevolution said:
axumblade said:

While I do get that, I just got home myself and last night I was at a concert so I wasn't on here much then either.

That being said, the fact you instantly showed up after I mentioned your absence kind of has me questioning your absence altogether.

Well, if I see that there are new posts here, and I'm here, I'll click to see what they are about.

So have you been reading regularly since your last post over a day ago?

Baalzamon said:

All games have a mafia chat, whether they can converse in secret during the day or only at night is up to the mod. Given they've been able to daytalk in the last two games(not counting the round prof was solo scum) and Trucks hosted one of those rounds, I'm going to operate on the assumption they can. Makes the game more exciting as well, since anyone that's scum can be as good as the best member of their team.

Linkzmax said:
Darwinianevolution said:

So have you been reading regularly since your last post over a day ago?

I try to. You people are more active when I'm sleeping or when I'm at work, so I usually come to the forum and see +30 or +40 new posts. I glance over the short ones and read the longer ones to see if something important has happened.

And by the way, if you want to ask me something, please quote me so I can see the blue mark, and I'll look for the question. If you use the @ or just name me, I might not see it.