By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

I don't know about why I feel the need to play scummy, I really don't btw.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
I don't know about why I feel the need to play scummy, I really don't btw.

The real question is, can you stop?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Im beginning to think all this talk about mrp's role is just active lurking. If you have nothing more to say about the subject, find something else or vote him.
This has gone on far too long.

On another note, I'm feeling slightly better about ff.

Mr.Playstation said:
Linkzmax said:

Even if there is a strongman, his kill of a vanilla townie would be equivalent to killing a BP townie. You'd only be more powerful than a vanillla if strongman is a 1-shot ability that is misused. How can your role snowball and become more powerful? Please address the two links I questioned as well.

So you're positive there's a mafia strongman? I believe it's more likely that Mafia have no such strongman and hence by default I'm more powerful than a vanilla town (Why you're trying to belittle my role is weird).

It can snowball because the further down we go, the less people Mafia can kill and if even more roles are present, Mafia will have a hard time to successfully choose a proper kill (During the night). 

I already quoted you and stated what my intention behind my post, which lead to your initial vote against me, was.

Not sure where you get the impression I'm positive there's a strongman. I doubt you to be a town BP to begin with, but if you are I severly doubt mafia have no way to remove you from the game other than hoping for a mislynch. It's bad balance and Trucks is a good host.

That's not you becoming more powerful, that's limiting night actions in a way. And mafia won't care that you remain alive, they just need to reduce town's numbers, which is something that becomes easier as the game goes on if they know not to target you.

Great that you did that. However, the two links I questioned have nothing to do with your post and my vote. It's about things you said before you fully roleclaimed.

Linkzmax said:

Townie points for whoever can pinpoint the one thing that caught my eye most.

^In regards to Mr.P^

This offer is still valid, and I'll give double if you can spot the post after this quoted one that's similar in nature.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Mr.Playstation said:

So you're positive there's a mafia strongman? I believe it's more likely that Mafia have no such strongman and hence by default I'm more powerful than a vanilla town (Why you're trying to belittle my role is weird).

It can snowball because the further down we go, the less people Mafia can kill and if even more roles are present, Mafia will have a hard time to successfully choose a proper kill (During the night). 

I already quoted you and stated what my intention behind my post, which lead to your initial vote against me, was.

Not sure where you get the impression I'm positive there's a strongman. I doubt you to be a town BP to begin with, but if you are I severly doubt mafia have no way to remove you from the game other than hoping for a mislynch. It's bad balance and Trucks is a good host.

That's not you becoming more powerful, that's limiting night actions in a way. And mafia won't care that you remain alive, they just need to reduce town's numbers, which is something that becomes easier as the game goes on if they know not to target you.

Great that you did that. However, the two links I questioned have nothing to do with your post and my vote. It's about things you said before you fully roleclaimed.

The game wouldn't be unbalanced. It 's a well know fact mafia win most of the time, so I see no reason why town shouldn't be given an advantage. Last game there where two town power roles ( and strong ones as well) compared to one role blocker role.

Bring your points up again, please 'cause I lost track :).

Linkzmax said:

Linkzmax said:

Townie points for whoever can pinpoint the one thing that caught my eye most.

^In regards to Mr.P^

This offer is still valid, and I'll give double if you can spot the post after this quoted one that's similar in nature.

So you can see the future? Now this is some scummy behaviour....if you know something just say it and stop being so ambiguous. If you want to help town after all.

Linkzmax said:
Mr.Playstation said:

I am indeed a bulletproof townie. Also I'm not under any special restriction. Now everyone can figure it out :P/

Why would you say you're equivalent to two town people?

How do you think you're almost confirmed town, before you fully roleclaimed even? Do you understand what confirmed actually means?

As to your two latest posts, you've been in 4 games now? You're no expert on winning percentages. Last game had good balance such that either team could have won with good play. Town played worse(mostly because zero had an IRL issue) and so mafia won, but it wasn't stacked in their favor.

No, I can't see the future.(Xander is the time-traveler) I mean at the time of my post offering Town points you had said something that really caught my eye, and since that time you had basically repeated it. If I point it out myself, it leaves less for others to do, which makes it harder for me to determine their alignments.

Linkzmax said:
Linkzmax said:

Why would you say you're equivalent to two town people?

How do you think you're almost confirmed town, before you fully roleclaimed even? Do you understand what confirmed actually means?

As to your two latest posts, you've been in 4 games now? You're no expert on winning percentages. Last game had good balance such that either team could have won with good play. Town played worse(mostly because zero had an IRL issue) and so mafia won, but it wasn't stacked in their favor.

No, I can't see the future.(Xander is the time-traveler) I mean at the time of my post offering Town points you had said something that really caught my eye, and since that time you had basically repeated it. If I point it out myself, it leaves less for others to do, which makes it harder for me to determine their alignments.

Sorry I didn't answer those questions because they're downright stupid.

1) A town person gets killed when Mafia attack him once. I can survive two nights. There you go....

2) I though the two person comment was enough to make people figure out my role. Guess it wasn't.

You're going to find nothing since I'm town, so you're just wasting your time.

Also just going into the whole mafia vs Town scenario. The game is stacked against town period. Town don't know who's who and town have to get over a whole linguistical and trust barrier.  Mafia on the other hand have their own private chat and by elmination know who's who. So yes the game should have more roles which give an advantage to town. Don't see why since I'm a BP there must be a strongman on the mafia side.

Mr.Playstation said:

The game wouldn't be unbalanced. It 's a well know fact mafia win most of the time, so I see no reason why town shouldn't be given an advantage. Last game there where two town power roles ( and strong ones as well) compared to one role blocker role.

Bring your points up again, please 'cause I lost track :).

I...don't think that's the case. In every game I've played I think the mafia have only ever won twice. And one of those times it was a secondary win to a Jester.