By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 74 -Overwatch Theme

XanderXT said:
VGChartz has been broken for me guys. I'll have to withdraw.

Ouch, sorry to hear that.  You've tried the site on multiple devices?  (It's not just one device that is messed up somehow?) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

^ Or different browsers?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

XanderXT said:
VGChartz has been broken for me guys. I'll have to withdraw.

Is it always broken for you?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:

[@Mr.P...] at the time of my post offering Town points you had said something that really caught my eye, and since that time you had basically repeated it. If I point it out myself, it leaves less for others to do, which makes it harder for me to determine their alignments.

I'll give it a shot.  I reviewed the posts before and after your initial offer, and there were several things that stood out, but many of them you'd already confronted him on.  There were also some oddities that I didn't see him saying both before and after, such as admitting lurking and seeming to whine about how unfair it is that Xander gets away with lurking more easily than he does. 

My pick for what you were talking about is his fixation on the makeup of the scum team.  There was widespread silly talk about the size of the mafia team early in the game, but Mr.P takes it a step farther and seems very certain about just who is on the team.  It has to have a pro, because the mod would be sure to put a pro on the mafia team "or it would be suicide".  (Although this juxtaposes oddly with his later claim that "mafia is already OP", which justified putting a lurker on the mafia team.  But he wondered in disbelief at the idea of the mod giving that same lurker an important role?)  He said Xander is likely "the noob scum", and in one post seemed to indicate that he wants to go after pros that seem scummy on the theory that it's the best way to flush out the seasoned leader of the mafia team that must exist according to him, personally hand-picked by the moderator. 

One "pro" and two noobs as understudies seems to be the prevailing train of thought here, based on nothing but pure imagination—or personal knowledge. 

On another topic:  Linkz, I was paying attention to the relationship between Darwin and Stefl, because I remember something was said about that, like Darwin was possibly buddying up to Stefl because they were mafia together or something.  Well, I watched what they were saying while I was looking for Mr.P's posts and your challenge, and it seemed to me like it was closer to the other way around—that Stefl was acting very warmly towards Darwin.  You said you analyzed Stefl back then, but I don't see anything you said back then on the specific topic of Stefl and Darwin.  Could you give your thoughts on this?  Supposing that exactly one of Stefl and Darwin were mafia, my feeling right now would be at least 70% odds on Stefl.  But then again I voted for Hillary. 

That wasn't it, but you get townie points anyway. Yay!

It was prof that brought up a relationship between the two. When I said I analysed Stefl it was in regards to his numbers post then taking a different position regarding lynching or not, and his carefree attitude towards prof's lone vote then feeling increased pressure later on. 

I have time for reading today so when I get to re-reading toDay I'll look for the dynamic you mention and give my thoughts.

Mr.Playstation said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

While I agree that they will be of little help down the line but for day 1. I am not really fond of lynching lurkers day 1. We can be at situation that we don't have any info. at all and we are bak at square one.  That's my 2 cents.

So what can be gained from me? If linkzmax had just gone back to Round 72 he would have noticed that as town my Day 1's are also always quiet. Which would have stopped his vote and the lynch train after it. I still think we should look at the Pro's and lynch one of them.

Now I know for a fact that lynching me will not only get you nothing, but it will also lose town a fairly substantial power role. 

I'm done reading Rounds 71&72. You were far more active in 72, even though it was a very uneventful Day 1. Your behavior toDay is much more like in 71, in which you did nothing until someone called you out. Last game you tried to replicate the town play with some early posting, but then slipped under the radar only to reappear as soon as prof voted you.

Unfortunately you never roleclaimed in 71, so there's nothing to compare in that sense. But you're no stranger to implying how bad your "mislynch" is and what implications it will have on town.

Around the Network

Ok so my stab at the townie points is that mr p implicated axum, stefl, and clyde, went after neither of them, and then under pressure, went after xander, and guaranteed that xander was scum, which would indicate he was bussing a teammate.

No townie points for you prof. Though going after Xander is certainly the weak escape after naming others.(especially with no justification other than "pro" meta) The guarantee could be viewed as bussing, but I think even buying a Day with a Xander mislynch would be a victory in Mr.P's eye. An additional note from reading 71&72, I think Xander is town, but should not be allowed to play again until circumstance in life allow him to be an active player.

Going to enjoy a delicious nap, re-read toDay, and hopefully see something(s) that has eluded me so far.

If Xander is unable to play the game I think moderator intervention is in order.

Unvote XanderXT

theprof00 said:
Ok so my stab at the townie points is that mr p implicated axum, stefl, and clyde, went after neither of them, and then under pressure, went after xander, and guaranteed that xander was scum, which would indicate he was bussing a teammate.

For me it was pretty much that, but added to that when called out on explaining why and stuff he forcefully rejected the idea to do so.

So what is happening now? If Xander quits, does that count as the first lynch, or do we just resume like nothing had happened?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.