By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Both Breath of the Wild ports will be released simultaneously

But the Wii U one can only be bought within the first month if you pre-order it. Why? Because Nintendo wants a healthy fiscal report ending at March, Wii U software sales are down, and Nintendo needs to make Breath of the Wild seem like a Nintendo Switch only gane. While Twilight Princess sold a month after the Wii release, it only had 1.5 million LTD sales while the Wii port was over 6 million! No need for Nintendo to release it in shelves if they can only gain one million and confuse the general market which version to buy. Also I doubt the Wii U version can even reach those numbers afer Wii U discontinuation, signifcanly smaller userbase, and releasing after holiday rush and during Switch's release.

Around the Network

So, only way to get Wii U version is to preorder? Shit.
Gonna preorder as soon as possible to cover me in case it becomes real.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Two ports? What system is the original coming to then?

Kidding.

Anyway it probably is smart to pre-order it if youre not planning on getting the Switch.

No, it will be available for everyone who wants to buy it on both systems. Market demand will determine the proportion of sales.

Pavolink said:
So, only way to get Wii U version is to preorder? Shit.
Gonna preorder as soon as possible to cover me in case it becomes real.

I think that Zelda will launch for both systems, but it will be avaliable only for the Switch in the first month unless you pre-order it for the Wii U.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
No, it will be available for everyone who wants to buy it on both systems. Market demand will determine the proportion of sales.

Looking at Nes Mini and the forecast of 2M for the Switch, I'm not gonna risk my copies on day one.

NES mini is more difficult to mass-produce than pressing a 10-cent disc... there will be copies for everyone who wants to have one.

numberwang said:
NES mini is more difficult to mass-produce than pressing a 10-cent disc... there will be copies for everyone who wants to have one.

Tell that to the people who wanted Xenoblade Chronicles.

numberwang said:

Like the TP GC Version? And no. They can just release few copies. The same happend before with Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii.

Edit: Klxver'd

I am pretty sure that Wii U version will be released later, they care more about best effect for Switch than for fiscal report, also most likely they don't count at all on sales of Zelda Wii U in this FY.