By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the Nintendo Switch is successful where does Nintendo go from there?

I think with Kimishima as the head, they'll make a console that is completely on par with the newest Playstation and Xbox and focus on mobile phone gaming instead of dedicated handhelds. I just don't see a future for dedicated handhelds past the switch.

Around the Network

If the Switch is successful, they will create a Switch U, cause confusion and then have to create a new console four years into the Switch U's life cycle to repeated the process over and over...

Of course, to not troll to that level, I think Nintendo should stick with the hybrid console only and have all of their games on that, instead of making a dedicated handheld system. I have nothing against the 3DS, as it is a great system (albeit underpowered), but I think we all know that the mobile market is cutting in deep with handheld sales, despite a lot of gamers not wanting it to do just that.

I imagine after the success of the Switch, they'll just do it again, but it'll be an improvement over the switch.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread