By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here's why Nintendo shouldn't make a new Smash, Kart, or 2d Mario for Switch

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Thats always what I thought Miyamoto was talking about as well. Not the 3D Mario games.

I cant recall exatly, but I think he was referring about 2D Mario specifically, but after that last few times he was saying that new 3D Mario will be different and new also.

I hope so. 3D World was fine and all, but I wouldnt want another one like it tbh.

Around the Network

Tbh, I prefer that Nintendo makes another 2D Mario. There were some cool levels in Mario Maker, and it's fun to make your own levels. But most of them felt amateurish, compared to the ones Nintendo craft. I don't mind about the others though.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

I cant recall exatly, but I think he was referring about 2D Mario specifically, but after that last few times he was saying that new 3D Mario will be different and new also.

I hope so. 3D World was fine and all, but I wouldnt want another one like it tbh.

Agree, I have same feeling about Mario Galaxy. :)

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, the two we have is fine. Also wouldnt be the same without the Wii controls.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, the two we have is fine. Also wouldnt be the same without the Wii controls.

Tottaly agree, Mario Galaxy is great, but IMO two Galaxy games is more than enuf, from new 3D Mario I want new 3D Mario or some spiritual successor to Mario 64. But I wouldnt mind if second 3D Mario for Switch be Mario 3D World 2, so only after new 3D Mario.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Tbh, I prefer that Nintendo makes another 2D Mario. There were some cool levels in Mario Maker, and it's fun to make your own levels. But most of them felt amateurish, compared to the ones Nintendo craft. I don't mind about the others though.

This is absolutely true. I played Super Luigi U over the weekend, a real masterclass in 2d platforming. a lot of Mario Maker's content literally is child's play.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Volterra_90 said:

This is absolutely true. I played Super Luigi U over the weekend, a real masterclass in 2d platforming. a lot of Mario Maker's content literally is child's play.

It definitely is. Mario Maker idea is great, and it's fun to try friends' levels and make your own, but they're not even close to Nintendo's own levels. They don't stand a chance, Nintendo are the masters of platforming right now.

Sort of like Splatoon, but adding content will mean having to buy a season pass or the dlc individually rather than getting the full game at first. You can only add so much content before it's not really worthwhile anymore so I don't think this would be a great idea, though I'm not completely against this

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

mario kart needs to bring back skill. Bring back the turbo boosting from Double Dash, that allows skilled players to actually have an advantage. Bring back the double item block. Get rid of coins.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I agree to an extent, except for 2D Mario.

Mario Maker is not an acceptable substitute, fan made levels are fun but are not even close to the same as a full blown 2D Mario made by Nintendo.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.