By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Final Fantasy Game Results

What game series should be next?

Pokemon 20 47.62%

3D Mario 16 38.10%

Yoshi 0 0%

Donkey Kong 6 14.29%

Total:42

I think V deserves better, VI should be the first one and VIII is the worst on the franchise imo. But pretty much agree with the rest.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

FF XII for 6th? Surprised me, even as my favorite, I understand its a divisive title, yeah.

But IX got just 4th place? Seriously people, go play it, right now.

It's so boring though x.x It is the only FF besides 4 I can't get into to save my life

StarOcean said:
BraLoD said:

FF XII for 6th? Surprised me, even as my favorite, I understand its a divisive title, yeah.

But IX got just 4th place? Seriously people, go play it, right now.

It's so boring though x.x It is the only FF besides 4 I can't get into to save my life

I used to think so as well, but then I gave it a fresh try - and it's a fantastic game. Best of Uematsu's soundtracks (IMO), some of the finest environment design in the series, really well fleshed out characters, relateable villains. I have only good memories of it now, even with the battle system which I consider rather simple and mundane (no real tricks up its sleeve there, like VIII or VII - but it is made in the image of the SNES FF games, so...).

The only one from that list that I haven't played is FF IX - something that I'll fix in a matter of minutes, coincidentally.

That being said, and while I don't agree with the order, I'm extremely happy FF VIII made it to the top 5. My favourite Final Fantasy (and one of my favourite games from all time). I also loved VII, X and VI, so it's all good.

Wright said:

The only one from that list that I haven't played is FF IX - something that I'll fix in a matter of minutes, coincidentally.

That being said, and while I don't agree with the order, I'm extremely happy FF VIII made it to the top 5. My favourite Final Fantasy (and one of my favourite games from all time). I also loved VII, X and VI, so it's all good.

My kinda man

Around the Network
Xen said:

My kinda man

Heh, no love for VII?

Wright said:
Xen said:

My kinda man

Heh, no love for VII?

It's in my top 5, but the bolded ones are my top 3

(X>VIII>VI is my order)

Xen said:

(X>VIII>VI is my order)

I'm not sure where I'd put X. I beat it like two months ago (for the very first time), but it sure as hell was some memorable ride. I also loved Wakka, had an avatar of him for quite a while those days.

Xen said:
StarOcean said:

I used to think so as well, but then I gave it a fresh try - and it's a fantastic game. Best of Uematsu's soundtracks (IMO), some of the finest environment design in the series, really well fleshed out characters, relateable villains. I have only good memories of it now, even with the battle system which I consider rather simple and mundane (no real tricks up its sleeve there, like VIII or VII - but it is made in the image of the SNES FF games, so...).

I guess for me I don't like Zidane or Vivi. I haven't really met the villians yet. I think the music is among the best in the series. I don't like battling in it though, I think it's got a pretty bad system in that respect. I do like the environments and active story thingy where you press select

Wright said:
Xen said:

(X>VIII>VI is my order)

I'm not sure where I'd put X. I beat it like two months ago (for the very first time), but it sure as hell was some memorable ride. I also loved Wakka, had an avatar of him for quite a while those days.

Wakka's awesome, ya?

StarOcean said:
Xen said:

I guess for me I don't like Zidane or Vivi. I haven't really met the villians yet. I think the music is among the best in the series. I don't like battling in it though, I think it's got a pretty bad system in that respect. I do like the environments and active story thingy where you press select

Zidane starts as an annoying ass (subjectively...) and Vivi is just too simple in the beginning. ATE's are awesome (though, you can miss some of those... of course). The battle system is... yeah. Serviceable, but not nearly as good as its PS1 brethren (or FF VI).