By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Go - Daily Rewards now live!

NobleTeam360 said:
Is anyone unable to spin Pokestops? I just went out today and couldn't spin them......

Stop driving and playing Pokémon

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Well the idea now is that there are so many Pokemon around that those people who really have to "catch them all" are having to go onto the store and buy Pokeballs with actual money to do so, I would like to imagine that people wouldn't do this... but the game being at the number 1 spot for Grossing on android sadly points to people doing exactly that. Giving tons of items related to Gym battling when in reality you only need at most a handful of revives or if you're over 30 just Max revives, don't even need potions anymore but they're just pushing more and more of those junk items to lower the amount of actual catching tools players get. It's all just done to direct players towards micro transactions to "catch them all" sad stuff.

Also should mention, if you try to spin a stop while moving fast (me fucking jogging lol) it gives you that message for 5 mins as though you had actually successfully gotten items from the stop, Niantic = tools basically when it comes to actually giving something of value to their players, each update just makes it worse and worse just milking those who remain to try to make up same profits from having 50m players each day but getting that same $ out of a tiny fraction of the user base is just going to kill off the game completely (or leave it in the shambles that it is right now)

Yeah, certainly does seem like they want people to spend more on the shop when I'm always running low on items and can't even restock on items when pokemon keep appearing and using up the items I just get. I'm getting to the point where I ignore the strong CP pokemon, just so that I don't waste them all on a few pokemon. Meanwhile, I just have so many potions... -_-

And I encountered the same issue with the pokestop. I was going at a high speed, and even though I was moving to a walk speed by the pokestop, it still gave me the 'try again' message, and I had to wait a few seconds to use it. Why Niantic, why are you starting to ruin the game...? =__=

I do the exact same, 100k exp into level 30 now and basically if it's a Pokemon who is just moderately high CP I just exit the fight and walk along, not only are they a waste of items but also if I was to stop to catch them all it would turn my walk into just stopping and starting every few seconds, I use Pokemon go as a tool to help me get out and go for walks, coming into a bunch of 10 Pokemon in the one area... I mean even if you were to just go into each fight and catch them with 1 ball it would take you at least 2 minutes of standing still, not to mention guys escaping, refusing to stop attack chains of balls and other time wasting rubbish.

If they want to leave the number of Pokemon the same they really need to streamline the time that a fight takes for wild Pokemon, been saying it since day one, have a "low spec" mode, which just uses simple 2d images rather than the 3d models so that the game can load things up faster and be more functional than flashy.

Also did you notice there was a "text fix update" which was 58mb for the game, I'm going to take a wild guess that was the models for the Gen2 Pokemon whose names have been present in the game files for a while now. http://bgr.com/2016/11/07/pokemon-go-generation-2-pokemon-leak/ but also the rumor of the Gen 2 stuff starting off as early as the 7th of Next month... the thing is though, Niantic are terrible at passing on information to their users, rather than proper patch notes and login tips in the game to let us know of events and such all we do is play it and find that the game is different. so if it is the case of the update happening it will just be a case of walking about finding Hoothoots and ugh... what was the rattata from Gen2? but yeah finding those on the streets everywhere sometime next month with no fanfare.

Also while PoGo has climbed slightly in the charts I'm glad to see it slip from the number 1 slot in the grossing for the first time since pre halloween event. Could people finally be getting sick of paying for the missing features which the game has deliberately taken away to get more cash in? Here's hoping.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

cycycychris said:

They turned off spinning stop while moving fast. I get they don't want people playing while driving, but if people want to play while driving, just let them. I don't play while driving, but I'm often a passenger in a bus or car that's passing by Pokestops, sucks I can't spin them now. not like I exactly need to while I'm at school, I got all that shit while in class. Got over 250 Pokeballs right now. Hope they update that out.

I haven't played the game in over 5 days, just not been interested as of late. But they are doing another event Double XP and Star dust.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/niantic_says_thanks_with_pokemon_go_double_xp_and_stardust_event

Awesome, I wonder with Lucky Eggs will that be 4x exp, pretty nuts if it is the case I've got enough candies now for 2x evolvution spree's so I'll keep those for this event, gonna be nuts.

Also for anyone in the northern hemisphere who likes Pokemon go and their fingers not freezing I'd highly recommend getting a pair of something like this

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Touch-Screen-Gloves-BNWT-Grey-/122226268949?hash=item1c7540db15:g:1MgAAOSwx2dYIMar

Only thing is if you get them from a cheap chinese place on ebay of course you won't have them for a week or two but check around stores near you, should be some similar products but really are a lifesaver for wanting to play the game and not lose a finger to frostbite lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

cycycychris said:

They turned off spinning stop while moving fast. I get they don't want people playing while driving, but if people want to play while driving, just let them. I don't play while driving, but I'm often a passenger in a bus or car that's passing by Pokestops, sucks I can't spin them now. not like I exactly need to while I'm at school, I got all that shit while in class. Got over 250 Pokeballs right now. Hope they update that out.

I haven't played the game in over 5 days, just not been interested as of late. But they are doing another event Double XP and Star dust.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/11/niantic_says_thanks_with_pokemon_go_double_xp_and_stardust_event

Yeah, I stopped playing because playing while being a passenger was how I hit most of my pokestops. Haven't played in over a week now.

Total rebalancing of CP on certain Pokemon has been rolled out right now, it means that some guys got a whole lot better (Alakazam, Rhydon and Eeveelutions) and others got hit with a nerf bat (Victreebell, Exeggutor and Dewgong), Some other changes were made too to boost guys who really needed a buff... like Snorlax and Dragonite (what the actual fuck Niantic)

But yeah now my Dewgong who was my Dragonite slayer has lost about 400 CP and Dragonites in Gyms have been powered up ever more crazily lol, should boot it up though and see if your main fighters have been on the receiving end of the buff or nerf bat.

http://heavy.com/games/2016/11/pokemon-go-cp-combat-power-increase-decrease-changes-list-raised-lowered-nerf-buff-update/

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Total rebalancing of CP on certain Pokemon has been rolled out right now, it means that some guys got a whole lot better (Alakazam, Rhydon and Eeveelutions) and others got hit with a nerf bat (Victreebell, Exeggutor and Dewgong), Some other changes were made too to boost guys who really needed a buff... like Snorlax and Dragonite (what the actual fuck Niantic)

But yeah now my Dewgong who was my Dragonite slayer has lost about 400 CP and Dragonites in Gyms have been powered up ever more crazily lol, should boot it up though and see if your main fighters have been on the receiving end of the buff or nerf bat.

http://heavy.com/games/2016/11/pokemon-go-cp-combat-power-increase-decrease-changes-list-raised-lowered-nerf-buff-update/

Hoooly smokes, it's true. Some of my pokemon, like Rhydon, Golem, and Eeveelutions got major boosts, especially the 1st 2 getting an 800 point boost, while my arcanine was nerfed a bit. That explains the sudden uber strong abra I found... At least some of my weaker pokemon got real nice boosts.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Hoooly smokes, it's true. Some of my pokemon, like Rhydon, Golem, and Eeveelutions got major boosts, especially the 1st 2 getting an 800 point boost, while my arcanine was nerfed a bit. That explains the sudden uber strong abra I found... At least some of my weaker pokemon got real nice boosts.

Yeah I had evolved an Alakazam about 2 weeks ago and was shocked to see one of the most powerful mon from Gen1 was at just under 1k CP for a midrange guy, but now tis just under 2k , but yeah my Dewgong got murdered of it's power and that really was the number 1 thing I had to get rid of dragonites, now I'll just be brute forcing them with Snorlax's Snorli.... Snorlaxes.. all of those sound wrong, My team of fat bastards!

Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah I had evolved an Alakazam about 2 weeks ago and was shocked to see one of the most powerful mon from Gen1 was at just under 1k CP for a midrange guy, but now tis just under 2k , but yeah my Dewgong got murdered of it's power and that really was the number 1 thing I had to get rid of dragonites, now I'll just be brute forcing them with Snorlax's Snorli.... Snorlaxes.. all of those sound wrong, My team of fat bastards!

Not much has changed from my team, except that now my heavy weights are the stars now, though my original plan for a dragon slayer was to train up a Wigglytuff to a decent CP, but now with my powered up Alakazam with Dazzling Gleam, I may opt for him instead.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Not much has changed from my team, except that now my heavy weights are the stars now, though my original plan for a dragon slayer was to train up a Wigglytuff to a decent CP, but now with my powered up Alakazam with Dazzling Gleam, I may opt for him instead.

Yeah and Wigglytuff was hit with the nerf bat pretty badly, my guy lost over 200CP

Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah and Wigglytuff was hit with the nerf bat pretty badly, my guy lost over 200CP

That's bad. I wonder if I should even bother with Wigglytuff anymore... : /

Dance my pretties!