By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Put your PSVR thoughts, reviews, recommendations here 😃😃😃

SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

You know what? I'm not sure I want RE7. I think this game is scary enough to kill somebody. Literally. You know,  there was a whole section of demo that I never even knew about until today. I was terrified. 

Haha, yeah that fight in the basement is quite the adrenaline rush and the infected ending a pretty horrible experience. Can't wait for more! Did you spot the ghost sightings, damn creepy. I heard someone laugh too at some point.

This game sounds awesome cant wait to try it out later. I basically bought my VR for horror games. Love watching my mates play and they shit themselves

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

You know what? I'm not sure I want RE7. I think this game is scary enough to kill somebody. Literally. You know,  there was a whole section of demo that I never even knew about until today. I was terrified. 

Haha, yeah that fight in the basement is quite the adrenaline rush and the infected ending a pretty horrible experience. Can't wait for more! Did you spot the ghost sightings, damn creepy. I heard someone laugh too at some point.

I only saw one. Right before the crew went into the house.

Playing with headphones was insane. There was constantly some weird noises going on in the background. I always had the feeling that there was something horrible just out of my view. I've never been more excited and terrified to play a game. I already preordered it!

Facebook said there was a new demo. I haven't tried it yet and now, I'm at work. I'm not even sure I want to play it. Saving it all for the real game.

-removed-

I made it through the first 2 mission of I expect you to die. Really fun James Bond style puzzle game.

It has a lot of charm and looks great in a cartoony way. It uses dual move controllers (although also supports DS4) and is meant to be played seated. Which doesn't always work as armrests and the couch itself get in the way. To solve that, and grab things out of reach, you can point at them and manipulate things from a distance, basically like tumble, except you can reel things in, push them out and place them in mid air with the buttons on the move controllers.

I think there are only 4 missions, but they do have plenty replayability with different solutions and plenty of things to find, including trying to beat the speed run target. It's fun messing around with stuff, but the price is kinda steep ($25) for basically another 1 hour experience (more for the extra objectives). It's ofcourse an excellent game to play with others, watch them fumble on the social screen and get themselves killed :)

Move behaves decently in the game. It's a bit floaty, probably because I placed the camera as far back as possible before I figured out how to use the remote grabbing technique. It didn't get in the way and everything bahaves as expected.

Now I want another Nolf game in VR with these kind of puzzles integrated :)

I got all the extra objectives in I expect you to die, except one. I can't figure out what triggers the 'Emergency' objective in the deep dive mission. I don't suppose anyone here found it? :)

It was a lot of hectic fun getting the speed run objectives. Basically the game is only 6 minutes and 35 seconds long, after a couple hours practicing and figuring things out. The commentary notes are a nice addition too.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
I got all the extra objectives in I expect you to die, except one. I can't figure out what triggers the 'Emergency' objective in the deep dive mission. I don't suppose anyone here found it? :)

It was a lot of hectic fun getting the speed run objectives. Basically the game is only 6 minutes and 35 seconds long, after a couple hours practicing and figuring things out. The commentary notes are a nice addition too.

I haven't had time to go back and get the extra objectives, but I really love I Expect You To Die. Great puzzle game and the intro itself is better than a lot of VR experiences. I asked the developer on Twitter if they would be brining their other VR game to PSVR (Orion Trail VR) and they said they were looking into it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I finally started playing Eagle Flight last night. Good game so far but, for some reason, there's a disconnect. I don't feel like I'm flying or that I could fall. Let games like that Battlefront VR mission seem to do a better job.

Still love it but I kept thinking this was going to be THE flying game.

d21lewis said:
I finally started playing Eagle Flight last night. Good game so far but, for some reason, there's a disconnect. I don't feel like I'm flying or that I could fall. Let games like that Battlefront VR mission seem to do a better job.

Still love it but I kept thinking this was going to be THE flying game.

I think that's a side effect from always going where you look. You never have that looking over the edge feeling as you're always travelling in the direction you're looking in. Once you complete the campaign you unlock the ability to look in a different direction then you're going. That sells the illusion of being high up far better.

They also minimized discomfort by making it a smooth ride with blinders in corners which also dulls the effect of flying. No speeding up or slowing down, always the same speed when going up or down. Very much unlike Trackmania Turbo where you feel your stomach lurch while going through the high point of an arc before falling back down.

Trade off between comfort and immersion, Eagle flight is very much on the comfort side. We'll get THE flying game when devs stop throwing up trying to make it :)

New offerings for psvr this week, pretty bad
- Whole bunch of micro transactions, skins and bobleheads, for Battlezone.
- Fruit Ninja VR (isn't that a free game on mobile?)
- Lethal, a basic shooting gallery.
- Rollercoaster dreams, very basic looking theme park game

Rollercoaster dreams has a demo. I tried it, yet VR mode is not included in the demo, nor trying out any of the rides. You can only walk around in some ugly looking park someone created. Useless demo, only highlights how bad the game looks. Avoid. The review is very entertaining to read though :)

https://uploadvr.com/rollercoaster-dreams-terrible-almost-good/

Quality is going downhill fast with minigames and trash :/

that Rollercoaster Dreams post above is amazing, the review is so good!

has anyone played the Battlefront VR game? how long is it?

i feel like PSVR is dying faster then the Vita did at this point...

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2