By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo Switch’s Power Differs From Xbox One And PS4!

An updated rumor on the Nintendo Switch‘s hardware has been brought up. A tech-savvy analyst, says the console is powerful but “not in a way” Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are. Wall Street Journal (WSJ) technology reporter Takashi Mochizuki tweeted the statement:

What do you think is meant by this statement?

https://gamerelay.wordpress.com/2016/11/04/rumor-nintendo-switchs-power-differs-from-xbox-one-and-ps4/

Around the Network

Old news. We know this all along. As a handheld it's powerful and as a home console it's leagues behind.

Reading about this, I can't help but feel...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

daredevil.shark said:
Old news. We know this all along. As a handheld it's powerful and as a home console it's leagues behind.

The bolded absolutely needs to be emphasized ... 

Differently able

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

wtf is this person even trying to say? It's like he's attempting to suggest there is a different form of tech power the NS will build upon. Maybe it uses the Force?

superchunk said:
wtf is this person even trying to say? It's like he's attempting to suggest there is a different form of tech power the NS will build upon. Maybe it uses the Force?

im hoping it means SCD lol. 

superchunk said:

LOL

Probably means it's more power efficient (so more power per watt), which it would have to be in order to be a portable, but less powerful than an XB1 or PS4.

Nothing really unexpected.

When you are operating at only 8 watts max (GPU), to get even 1/3 of an XBox One power (50+ watts at 16nm), you need to do certain things better.