By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo allow mods?

Tagged games:

Will Nintendo allow mods?

Nintendo will fully allow mods. 7 9.21%

Nintendo will allow mods,... 12 15.79%

Nintendo won't allow mods. 53 69.74%

Mod Pokemon to add all regions!!! 4 5.26%

Total:76

Nintendo may probably use Amiibo mods.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Nintendo may probably use Amiibo mods.

Skyrim amiibos? A Dragonborn amiibo? Mmmmm...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Allow fan translation patches and I'm happy.

Barkley said:
onionberry said:

if skyrim or fallout are on the switch there are going to be mods

Why? It didn't even look like it was going to happen on PS4 for the longest time. Nintendo's hardly known for being progressive.

But I'd be happy to bet for 1 month sig control that If Skyrim launches on the Switch it will not get mods.

As much as I don't care for mods, I'm not one to look down upon them. However, I am curious on how modding is considered "progressive?"

Kai_Mao said:
Barkley said:

Why? It didn't even look like it was going to happen on PS4 for the longest time. Nintendo's hardly known for being progressive.

But I'd be happy to bet for 1 month sig control that If Skyrim launches on the Switch it will not get mods.

As much as I don't care for mods, I'm not one to look down upon them. However, I am curious on how modding is considered "progressive?"

Mods can make a game much better than it was vanilla.  Graphical improvements, game-play improvements, bug fixes, detail adjustments, more NPCs, improved NPCs, UI improvements, and even just tailoring a game to appeal to certain tastes.  It adds a feeling of community and has been known to keep people invested in a game for months.  That's just a few things off the top of my head.  I think it's even safe to say that mods have inspired standard features in later games.  Modding isn't for everyone but I would say embracing the modding scene is a progressive stance.

Around the Network

I highly doubt it. They would probably be against the idea, which is unfortunate. They sure didn't like it during the game genie days.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nah, that's not happening anytime soon.