By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Indie Developers Showing Interest In Nintendo Switch

It looks like a lot of indie developers are showing interest in Wii U. Of course, it is different than getting the AAA third party games, but it may be a sign that the Switch may not be too difficult to developer for.

Multiple third party studios as well as indie developers have been showing interest in the Nintendo Switch lately.

David D’Angelo (Yacht Club Games): Of course!

Ivo Wubbels (Engine Software): As I said, we are already working on the platform, and yes I do hope to support Switch for a long time.

Graham Smith (Drinkbox Studios): Yes, we do hope to support the Switch with our games in the future.

Dant Rambo (Choice Provisions): We absolutely hope to! We got our start with the BIT.TRIP series on WiiWare, and we plan to continue to bring our games to Nintendo platforms. We’re not ashamed to admit we’re huge Nintendo fanboys and girls over here.

Jools Watsham (Atooi): Yes.

Manfred Linzner (Shin’en Multimedia): We’ve already been working on games for the Nintendo Switch for quite some time.

How good of a sign do you guys think this is?

https://gamerelay.wordpress.com/2016/11/02/various-indie-developers-showing-interest-in-nintendo-switch/

Around the Network

Yatch Club and Shinen are obvious in my opinion.After all, one is (almost) an exclusive developer for Nintendo and the other had its best sales, or next to it, in Nintendo systems.Dont know about the others

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

cycycychris said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

Manfred Linzner (Shin’en Multimedia): We’ve already been working on games for the Nintendo Switch for quite some time.

https://gamerelay.wordpress.com/2016/11/02/various-indie-developers-showing-interest-in-nintendo-switch/

That's really interesting wording by Manfred, that they have had there devkits for quite some time. Implying that Nintendo gave them Devkits pretty far back... Wouldn't be surprised if they were the first indie studio to get one.

I really feel like Nintendo are trying as hard as they can to get developers on board with the Switch.

Times like this I wish I was allowed to say something. In the meantime keep my promise. Amway the more the merrier. I hope Bloodstained comes to Switch ans while likely vaporware 90s Arcade Racer.

cycycychris said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

I really feel like Nintendo are trying as hard as they can to get developers on board with the Switch.

I'm still a bit shocked that they some how got bethesda to make a game for switch, even if its just a port of the 360 Skyrim (though there PR implied more games). Though its no surprised, they did there best to convince them back in the Wii U days. But in reality, Switch 3rd party support will disappear with in a year or 2.

Betheseda have not confirmed any titles, but why let their game be shown if they do not plan on releasing some certain game on the Switch? Hopefully Betheseda at least takes a chance on the Switch and releases Skyrim. They are already making it for the PS4 and Pro, as well as for the XB1 and Scorpio so might as well port it to the Switch.

Around the Network
awesomeabe1998 said:

It looks like a lot of indie developers are showing interest in Wii U.

Going by the first sentence, it is no good sign at all.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

It looks like a lot of indie developers are showing interest in Wii U.

Going by the first sentence, it is no good sign at all.

OH MY LMAO! Switch* Im so stupid for that HAHAHA

Glad to see Yacht Club and Shin’en are interested. Don't know who the others are...

I love bit trip. I recommend it for everyone, especially bit trip runner. It's a gorgeous game. Not the most beautiful in graphics, but it's simply gameplay and nonrepetitive music and levels makes it memorable. I got all 6 bit trip games for 5 dollars on the eshop during a sale; easily still worth 15 bucks. Heck, I'd pay 30 if they made me

Got off track lol. please don't accuse me of being an advertiser.

Anyways, indie developers are great. when you get rid of the horrible ones and keep the serious devs, you realize they are truly capable of a lot. I can't wait to see not only returning series, but new ones as well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
I love bit trip. I recommend it for everyone, especially bit trip runner. It's a gorgeous game. Not the most beautiful in graphics, but it's simply gameplay and nonrepetitive music and levels makes it memorable. I got all 6 bit trip games for 5 dollars on the eshop during a sale; easily still worth 15 bucks. Heck, I'd pay 30 if they made me

I have the Bit Trip Saga on the 3DS. Bit Trip Runner is by far the best game in it