By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel Movie Boss Responds to Diversity Criticism

WagnerPaiva said:
Make a SJW movie with all the boring stuff this people want. Just make sure it is low budget. Remember SJW Ghostbusters...

Don't remind me. ☹️

Around the Network

What about Christopher Nolans films.

They are as white as Mitt Romney's X-mas parties.

Hollywood is taking this whitewashing stuff too far.

Tiger Lilly as a white European

Egyptians as Europeans in Exodus

Hell they even whitewashed the fucking Sphinx in Egypt!

But there's always the token black guy in action movies right?

pray4mojo said:
The SJW strike again! Enough with this garbage already.

I wish we could throw them all in a garbage barge and sail it into the Bermuda Triangle.

LadyJasmine said:
What about Christopher Nolans films.

They are as white as Mitt Romney's X-mas parties.

Apparently making boring Batman movies gives you a free pass from SJWs.

Turkish said:

Remember blackwashing a norse god?

This really goes both ways. Though the motives are different.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

This is why i think hollywood lost it's way. Every minority actor in a movie now feels like a token. it fills like they doing character swas for the sake of character swaps to fit the token person in. 

I know when i watched for example 80/90s movies i didn't really feel like minorities were a token. the characters felt natural. i don't know how to explain it better but just the way the movie felt. it never even popped into my mind TOKEN here we go.

vivster said:

Remember blackwashing a norse god? Or blackwashing a son to white parents?

Heimdall on the first one? But what's the other one?

On topic, this whole debate is kinda strange. In the end it doesn't matter, as long as the characters are portrayed correctly but if the origin of said characters isn't that of the comics, it means they aren't portrayed correct even before the film is out. Ancient One being a white female doesn't matter as the point is put across, their purpose/point. Mordo being black? Doesn't matter, although he would have played a better Brother Voodoo (who I thought he was meant to be at first until his name was mentioned).

Of course as a fanboy, the fact they aren't called the Infinity Gems annoys me.

EDIT: Just seen that Zoe Saldana was used as an example, don't think that really counts does it? She plays a green woman. Anyone can be painted green. Unless they made The Deadliest Woman in the Universe a man...

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
vivster said:

Remember blackwashing a norse god? Or blackwashing a son to white parents?

On topic, this whole debate is kinda strange. In the end it doesn't matter, as long as the characters are portrayed correctly but if the origin of said characters isn't that of the comics, it means they aren't portrayed correct even before the film is out. Ancient One being a white female doesn't matter as the point is put across, their purpose/point. Mordo being black? Doesn't matter, although he would have played a better Brother Voodoo (who I thought he was meant to be at first until his name was mentioned).

EDIT: Just seen that Zoe Saldana was used as an example, don't think that really counts does it? She plays a green woman. Anyone can be painted green. Unless they made The Deadliest Woman in the Universe a man...

Second one is Fantastic 4. But I have to go back on that one as the family relations are not as I thought. Still shouldn't be black tho.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
The Fury said:

Second one is Fantastic 4.

We don't talk about that movie, the newer Fantastic 4, it never happened.

Now go about your business people.

vivster said:

Second one is Fantastic 4.

Oh that, they ended up changing the enthnicty of the parents and then claiming Sue was adopted (even put a line in the film about it). Of course that film was so bad nobody cares anymore, Doom portrayal was an insult to Doom.

Hmm, pie.