By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will people please stop messing up the game rankings

It's getting ridiculous, the 360's highest rated game is bee movie for christ's sake

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

You think the game rankings on here mean something? haha

I say ioi and team should have a real top 10 list for all game systems. Top 10 lists ranked according to average reviews on gamerankings or metacritic and regularly updated. But ensure the top ranked games are locked so noone can stuff it up. I bet some people bought Bee Movie thinking it was the best game on XBox 360 because they saw it on here as number one XBox 360 game. lol

ahahah GO the BEE movie. :D:D is ok there like 5 out of 10 ps3 games that arent even out yet.

Atleast it shows who the bias is against :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Lol@ rankings in here, I never take them seriously.
I rated a few games last year, but I stopped a while ago, realizing that fanboys had screwed it up so badly there really was no use anymore.

@mrstickball, too true

mrstickball said:
It shows the bias is against the PS3. Come on people the PS3 is the best.

Fixed

mrstickball said:
Atleast it shows who the bias is against :)

This

User ranking will always be biased.

Fans of a particular console will rate every game on their console 10, and every game for a competing console a 1. Katamari rated higher than CoD4 on the 360? Not happy with that? Rate Katamari a 1 so that it's rating drops, even though you have never played it.

Get rid of the global rankings. Just link rating to profiles and the "Games I Own" feature. Seeing an individual user's rating of the games they own would be more useful anyway.