By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Bandorr said:

Specially considering that the "failure" of Amazon has more to do with bugs than them no longer being a good indictator of trends.

I've read they didn't have the halo bundle, and that the gears bundle was also bugged. Thus the reason you never saw them even in the top 50.

That makes more sense than suddenly Amazon getting everything wrong after being right for 3 years.

I'm counting on that being the case but we've got to be honest if this run continues and ask ourselves if Amazon is relevant any more. Nov is a shoe in for the PS4 (ignoring Amazon and just going on Pro pre-orders). If Amazon is right this time then it's a HUGE win, if not it's an EASY win. Dec is when we'll actually see if Amazon is screwed up indefinitely.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
Just because it 'was' doesn't mean it was ever a smart idea to do so. Whether you continue or not is ultimately up to you though, I'm sure someone else would step in if you decided to retire from it.

Latest few months have definitely been off. But maybe Amazon will start to have XB1 deals again that are as attractive as the ones in Gamestop and BestBuy.

If Amazon continues being wrong, I think the threads will see a natural contraction though as fewer people will be interested in the ranks. But as long as Shadow and Gribble are satisfied with the activity to the extent where they bother keep updating the ranks, I don't see why the threads shouldn't continue.

Sales discussions on VGC are a rarity nowadays so we gotta take the little we have.

No bundle surging to #1 yet then like the last few years

Ps4 pro sold out lightning fast on amazon Japan. Back to scalper prices. I guess they really under estimated Japanese demand.

Dark_Feanor said:
Amazon never had a perfect track to begin with.

However it was more acurated when there wasnt a half a duzen or more bundles.

Not that I'd know anything being the one updating the list day in and day out for months and months, but that's not what I remember. Your brief visits to the Amazon thread may well have given you a more 'rounded' view of the trends ... I suppose that's possible ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The biggest thing that has changed is the situation with bundles you have 1 PS4 slim bundle or the Pro, Xbox One Has 2 500GB, 2 1TB and 2 2TB bundles stocked by Amazon. Also Gamestop has exclusive rights to a 500GB Gears of War bundle that is also $249 and is more attractive price point than the 1TB version on Amazon to the average consumer.

There are other retailers stocking the Halo 5/MCC 500GB bundle for $249 also which Amazon hasn't stocked for quite some time now.

It used to be more simple when we just had Standalone PS4 vs Assassin's Creed Xbox One bundle.

WoodenPints said:
The biggest thing that has changed is the situation with bundles you have 1 PS4 slim bundle or the Pro, Xbox One Has 2 500GB, 2 1TB and 2 2TB bundles stocked by Amazon. Also Gamestop has exclusive rights to a 500GB Gears of War bundle that is also $249 and is more attractive price point than the 1TB version on Amazon to the average consumer.

There are other retailers stocking the Halo 5/MCC 500GB bundle for $249 also which Amazon hasn't stocked for quite some time now.

It used to be more simple when we just had Standalone PS4 vs Assassin's Creed Xbox One bundle.

I agree with some of this but the bundles have always been skewed heavily towards the XB1. There have been many times, regardless of the outcome, when the XB1 had upwards of 10 - 15 bundles and the PS4 had only 4, and it didn't affect the outcome at all. I'm hoping it IS only to do with the retailer exclusive bundles and Amazon failing to track certain XB1 SKUs because if it isn't then we'll have to accept Amazon has changed their formula across the board which makes it unreliable from here on out.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:
It looks pretty close right now on Amazon.

Jason, how do you come to that conclusion? 'On Amazon' it looks like a obvious win for the PS4 so I'd be interested in hearing your thinking. ALL month the PS4 has lead by at least TWO PS4 SKUs (sometimes as many as FOUR) and we had nearly TWO days when the XB1 lead (TWO 'days'). At the moment the PS4 is at #06 (up) and the XB1 is at #36 (down)

I see absolutely nothing to suggest things are 'close' on Amazon.

Key words were "right now" PS4 will win the month but black Friday should be interesting. 

celador said:
No bundle surging to #1 yet then like the last few years

These are only buying shopping early. We could see a bundle at #1 tomorrow during black Friday.

jason1637 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Jason, how do you come to that conclusion? 'On Amazon' it looks like a obvious win for the PS4 so I'd be interested in hearing your thinking. ALL month the PS4 has lead by at least TWO PS4 SKUs (sometimes as many as FOUR) and we had nearly TWO days when the XB1 lead (TWO 'days'). At the moment the PS4 is at #06 (up) and the XB1 is at #36 (down)

I see absolutely nothing to suggest things are 'close' on Amazon.

Key words were "right now" PS4 will win the month but black Friday should be interesting. 

Hold on a sec ... You specifically said 'Amazon' was showing it to be close. You can't just ignore you said that and change it to a Black friday discussion. What is is about what you see on Amazon that suggests it's a close month?

The PS5 Exists. 

Lets give Amazon a few more months. If this continues then yeah i agree we shouldn't use it anymore. These threads only exist anyway because vgchartz doesn't update their numbers on time anymore.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(