By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD: COD Infinite Warfare VS Pokémon Sun/Moon

Which game will sell more first month in USA?

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 78 40.63%

Pokémon Sun/Moon 114 59.38%

Total:192
tbone51 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
How is this even a question?

*sees poll results*

Really? 42% think Pokemon is going to outsell Cod? Okay guys pass the drugs around..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=206862&page=1

Drugs are good

Holy crap. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

*sees poll results*

Really? 42% think Pokemon is going to outsell Cod? Okay guys pass the drugs around..

Is so hard Read The OP, isn't it?

I read the OP.

Hey, I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong, but the idea of this coming to pass sounds insane to me.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

*sees poll results*

ArchangelMadzz said: 
Ryng_Tolu said:

Is so hard Read The OP, isn't it?

I read the OP.

Hey, I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong, but the idea of this coming to pass sounds insane to me.

It isn't at all. I agree COD will sell more, but doesn't look that crazy.

Like said, pre orders for Pokémon are higher in Spain, which all considering isn't one of the best Nintendo market. Is a normal market, better than some others, but France / Japan / USA are even better.

So if in Spain this is the situation, looks totally reasonable to me that even in USA pre orders for Pokémon are better / same / really close.

Like said the only problem is that NPD will track 1 month for COD and only 2 weeks for Pokémon... we'll see anyway.

Ryng_Tolu said:
ArchangelMadzz said: 

I read the OP.

Like said, pre orders for Pokémon are higher in Spain, which all considering isn't one of the best Nintendo market. Is a normal market, better than some others, but France / Japan / USA are even better.

So if in Spain this is the situation, looks totally reasonable to me that even in USA pre orders for Pokémon are better / same / really close.

Like said the only problem is that NPD will track 1 month for COD and only 2 weeks for Pokémon... we'll see anyway.

And my original comment was about the poll.

Is Sun/Moon gonna sell great? Yes
Is COD going to underperform? Probably
Is it going to be a landslide victory? No but will be clear

But Cod will still be higher. So when the poll asks which is going to be higher on NPD, the 42% (at the time) that thinks Pokemon will beat it seem drug induced 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

GProgrammer said:
Is this open to debate?, COD 2:1 at least

Crow already served?

Around the Network

Some days ago I'd had said CoD without any doubt; but after seeing the drop in the UK (that could be a good proxy for US sales), and the good performance of Pokemon preorders, I think Pokemon has a chance.

Ryng_Tolu said:

We know for sure that worldwide this is a close battle, no contest. We already know that Pokémon Moon and Sun is the most pre ordered game in Spain, and is the second most pre ordered game in UK, the worst Nintendo countries.. If this is the situation in Spain, France is surely something like this, and should be close in Germany and Italy too. And there is Japan, which of course make an abyssal gap on Pokémon favour worldwide

i wouldn't say that Spain is one of the worse countries for Nintendo: Wii U sales are abysmal (but where aren't?), but 3DS software usually performs really well, and new important releases usually take a spot in the monthly top sellers (DQ VII was 9th best seller last September, for example, and Yokai Watch has showed impressive legs, Just Dance on Wii is usually one of the biggest sellers in December, it was 3rd in 2015). Of course Sony and FIFA dominate Spain, but I think that Nintendo titles perform relatively better in Spain than in Germany or Italy (or at least not much worse), and much better than in the UK. 

Entropio said:

Ryng_Tolu said:

We know for sure that worldwide this is a close battle, no contest. We already know that Pokémon Moon and Sun is the most pre ordered game in Spain, and is the second most pre ordered game in UK, the worst Nintendo countries.. If this is the situation in Spain, France is surely something like this, and should be close in Germany and Italy too. And there is Japan, which of course make an abyssal gap on Pokémon favour worldwide

i wouldn't say that Spain is one of the worse countries for Nintendo: Wii U sales are abysmal (but where aren't?), but 3DS software usually performs really well, and new important releases usually take a spot in the monthly top sellers (DQ VII was 9th best seller last September, for example, and Yokai Watch has showed impressive legs, Just Dance on Wii is usually one of the biggest sellers in December, it was 3rd in 2015). Of course Sony and FIFA dominate Spain, but I think that Nintendo titles perform relatively better in Spain than in Germany or Italy (or at least not much worse), and much better than in the UK. 

Man i don't said Spain is one of the worse Nintendo markets, i said is an avarange. Like is of course way better than UK, but is worse than France for example, and probabily about Germany and Italy levels, talking about Europe.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Entropio said:

Man i don't said Spain is one of the worse Nintendo markets, i said is an avarange. Like is of course way better than UK, but is worse than France for example, and probabily about Germany and Italy levels, talking about Europe.

Ok, I misunderstood you, then, I agree it's an average market for Nintendo.

Oh...It's not fair. Don't bully cod anymore :D

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

And my original comment was about the poll.

Is Sun/Moon gonna sell great? Yes
Is COD going to underperform? Probably
Is it going to be a landslide victory? No but will be clear

But Cod will still be higher. So when the poll asks which is going to be higher on NPD, the 42% (at the time) that thinks Pokemon will beat it seem drug induced 

Well the only reason this is brought up is because CoD seems to have taken a very considerable hit this year and Pokemon is at a high it hasn't been in a long, long time, I mean just look at 3DS sales which are significantly up for the first time in a long time.  If you had asked me this some months ago, I would have said CoD without a doubt, even with the trailer backlash.  But now, it's looking like the CoD empire could be in very sharp decline.  However, one thing that could keep CoD over Pokemon for November is that CoD launched earlier and may be able to get enough of a lead over Pokemon so that even if Pokemon outsells it eventually it can hold its lead.  But then Black Friday should be a bit of an equalizer.