By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, why didn't Nintendo reveal the Switch at E3?

They did it for the same reasons we didn't get that much info from the teaser I guess. They've gone on record stating there is a lot still untold. As I don't know what that info is I can not comment on why it wasn't shown at E3

Around the Network

I suppose the NS wasn't ready during that time. Early 2017 will be the whole reveal... hopefully. And we can expect an up to 1 hour presentation by Nintendo.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

It's simple, they were releasing it in March 2017. Teasing it at E3 would be WAY too early.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ka-pi96 said:
XanderXT said:

You still haven't answered my question. What Chinese dudes?

For me though, when I feel some people say this console did it first, I think they mean they were the first to do it right.

I dunno what Chinese dudes, if I remembered I would have said their name rather than just `Chinese dudes` There was a thread on here about them awhile back though.

TBH my criticism on the innovation thing was much more aimed at games and how people regularly complain about games lacking innovation. I`d much rather they take an old concept and improve on it than use some crappy new idea just so people can say `wow, so innovative!` Plus how some people say older games were the best because of their innovations, but really if newer games have taken those innovations and built upon them then they should be considered better by default.

I agree with you. New technology can always make an old idea better.

BlkPaladin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I dunno what Chinese dudes, if I remembered I would have said their name rather than just `Chinese dudes` There was a thread on here about them awhile back though.

TBH my criticism on the innovation thing was much more aimed at games and how people regularly complain about games lacking innovation. I`d much rather they take an old concept and improve on it than use some crappy new idea just so people can say `wow, so innovative!` Plus how some people say older games were the best because of their innovations, but really if newer games have taken those innovations and built upon them then they should be considered better by default.

The makers of the Morphus X300, Aikun, which was revealed last year. It essencially an Android tablet with wireless controllers.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/44653/20161021/nintendo-switch-rip-chinas-morphus-x300.htm

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/this-tablet-is-basically-the-nx-console-you-can-buy-right-now-1329861

As for the orginal topic. From what I can tell they didn't release it because they didn't have any software ready to be revealed and it seems they are still working on the software, which may be good or bad depending on how many make the showing in Jan.

Ah. Those sites seem very biased.

I can usually tell when a Nintendo product is going to go over well by using the Patcher effect. If Nintendo releases info on a new product and the instant reaction is pure hate, that=good. If the reaction is more meh? Then that=bad.

People react for lots of reasons but I've been doing this internet message board thing for years now and it's obvious why certain people are reacting the way they are.

Around the Network

Too soon. I'm ok with it because they gave me hours of Zelda. Love u Ninty.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile