By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Worlds Most Powerful Console

jason1637 said:

Lol where not serious? You're the one that agreed with Gribble saying the Scorpio doesn't exist. It exist and there are games being made for it such as Fallout 4 VR. Its true we dont have any gameplay or pictures but that doesn't make it not exist when it does. I don't get how you accusing us not us of not being serious when you're making stupid claims.

This all started with someone saying or suggesting that the title "the world's most powerful console" is false since the scorpio is more powerful. 

Grib and I went on to point out that until the scorpio (or whatever its gonna be called) is released then the PS4pro really does have the title of being the world's most powerful console.  Right now, to the consumer, the scorpio doesmt exist because you can't buy it till sometime next year. It's not a real product anymore than me saying I can run faster than usain bolt is a real claim.

What you are doing is more akin to something like this. I set a land speed record in a V8 car, you on the other hand are building a V12 car that should for all intents and purposes beat my record. But your car isn't due to make its own attempt for and 12 months. So what you are saying is that they basixally shouldnt give me the award for setting the record because sometime next year you would break it?

Whatever the case though, I give up. let's just agree to disagree. 

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:

Once upon a time, there was a console announced (in June of this yer), no pics, no games, no nothing. Confirmed by the console maker. That console ended up being the PS4 Pro. Now at that time, did that console exist? 

Again, you all can't be serious. 

Errr..... there was NEVER an annoucent of the Pro in june. They simoly acknowledged that they were working on something called project neo. They said nothing else about it. 

As if that time, it didn't exist. cause if sony decided that they were gonna release project neo in 4 yrs then they could have. Same way that ms can just up and decide not o even release the scorpio next year and say they decided to make a new console instead and release in 2019. 

The PS4pro became real when it stopped being Neo. When there were pictures of it and videos of games running on it. The scorpio will become real when it is revealed and not some trailer of talking heads talking about something that for all intents and purposes no one probably has even seen right now. including devs. 

I really don't understand why this is so hard to understand. But I have conceded defeat anyways. so let's let the matter rest. 

Even morpheus was more real thsn the scorpio is right now for years before its release. And i didnt even consjder that a real produxt we would one day buy until it became PSvr. there is a reason why there are words like "projects" and "concepts"...etc. 

Intrinsic said:
jason1637 said:

Lol where not serious? You're the one that agreed with Gribble saying the Scorpio doesn't exist. It exist and there are games being made for it such as Fallout 4 VR. Its true we dont have any gameplay or pictures but that doesn't make it not exist when it does. I don't get how you accusing us not us of not being serious when you're making stupid claims.

This all started with someone saying or suggesting that the title "the world's most powerful console" is false since the scorpio is more powerful. 

Grib and I went on to point out that until the scorpio (or whatever its gonna be called) is released then the PS4pro really does have the title of being the world's most powerful console.  Right now, to the consumer, the scorpio doesmt exist because you can't buy it till sometime next year. It's not a real product anymore than me saying I can run faster than usain bolt is a real claim.

What you are doing is more akin to something like this. I set a land speed record in a V8 car, you on the other hand are building a V12 car that should for all intents and purposes beat my record. But your car isn't due to make its own attempt for and 12 months. So what you are saying is that they basixally shouldnt give me the award for setting the record because sometime next year you would break it?

Whatever the case though, I give up. let's just agree to disagree. 

Yeah i did say it was a bit false because Scorpio i more powerful but i did also say that when it comes out the PS4pro will be the most powerful console on the market.

When you guys said Scorpio didn't exist "to the consumer" was never mentioned but just that Scorpio didn't exist. Also the running example wouldn't really make sense because Devs have been making games for it and we knew that Fallout 4 VR was confirmed.

Ok sure.

jason1637 said:

Yeah i did say it was a bit false because Scorpio i more powerful but i did also say that when it comes out the PS4pro will be the most powerful console on the market.

When you guys said Scorpio didn't exist "to the consumer" was never mentioned but just that Scorpio didn't exist. Also the running example wouldn't really make sense because Devs have been making games for it and we knew that Fallout 4 VR was confirmed.

Ok sure.

Well unless I stealth edited my post to you earlier..... what would u say about this?

Intrinsic said:
jason1637 said:

Because its not out to the general public doesn't mean it doesn't exist. By this logic that would mean that the PS4 pro wouldn't exist til its launch. 

Yes, it doesn't. As far as the general public is concerned it doesn't exist until you can walk into a store or go online and buy it. It doesn't exist till there are games you can play on it in your house. 

So what happens if MS delays the scorpio? then re reveals it in 2018 for a 2019 launch with different specs and call it the XB2? Would u still say the scorpio existed? This is actually funny. 

In the bolded part you can clearly see what I was talking about and what i meant by it doesn't exist. 

jason1637 said:

Devs can begin to make games as soon they know the targeted specs. The dev kits are normally PCs with similar power to the (not yet existing) consoles.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
jason1637 said:

Ok sure.

Well unless I stealth edited my post to you earlier..... what would u say about this?

Intrinsic said:

Yes, it doesn't. As far as the general public is concerned it doesn't exist until you can walk into a store or go online and buy it. It doesn't exist till there are games you can play on it in your house. 

So what happens if MS delays the scorpio? then re reveals it in 2018 for a 2019 launch with different specs and call it the XB2? Would u still say the scorpio existed? This is actually funny. 

In the bolded part you can clearly see what I was talking about and what i meant by it doesn't exist. 

Ok i can see what you meant but they really aren't the exact same thing. I'm part of the general public and i know the Scorpio exist. But as a consumer it doesn't exist in the market. 

Conina said:
jason1637 said:

Devs can begin to make games as soon they know the targeted specs. The dev kits are normally PCs with similar power to the (not yet existing) consoles.

But in an interview with Phill they said they brought devs in sometime last year and showed them the scorpio and S.

jason1637 said:
Conina said:

But in an interview with Phill they said they brought devs in sometime last year and showed them the scorpio and S.

Showed them the scorpio doesnt mean anything.

Nothing at all .

I can show you a number of interviews where devs said they didn't know about it and found out about it when MS announced it. And how they don't or haven't received any dev kits. That's because right now it only exists on paper. 

And that's how these things work. Devs can be "working on scorpio" content as we speak but using PCs with "target" specs. But they can't show that to the public or even take it seriously because they know those target specs are just that, "target specs" and some or all of it may change before its officially released or finalized. 

I mean look at the PS4, devs actually had dev kits for it prior to its deb 2013 reveal and only then did they find out that it would have  8GB and not the 4GB they had been working with. 

Another thing to consider is this, If the scorpio is as far along as you think it is, then trust that MS will be flaunting it and showing it off every chance they get if only to steal the wind from Sonys sails with the PS4pro. 

Hiku said:

Come November 10, PlayStation 4 Pro will be the most powerful console.
You guys could have just summed up your entire argument like that.

Believe me it was tried. Acvirding to them thats still false becaeue somehere in the world is a scorpio and its a more poweeful console.

I showed this ad to my wife. She loved it!

The PS5 Exists.