By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Will Ship 2 Million Units in Launch Month, Says President

Let's hope the predictions are accurate then..

But would really like to know what the price is.. D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

That likely means mid to late launch in March would be my guess.

I can mark one sale from my end. Normally i don't buy at launch, but i will play the ultimate version of BOTW on the go .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Cloudman said:
2 mil in a month? Sounds like they're being pretty optimistic.

No it's not. Really not. It's pretty conservative. They could push 4 million to stuff all retail channels. They likely want to prevent stories of surplus supply and good stories like shortage supply.

Yes, I knooow, I made a mistake >_< I agree they should ship more. I'd hope it doesn't end up like the Wii and being out of stock for months.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

No it's not. Really not. It's pretty conservative. They could push 4 million to stuff all retail channels. They likely want to prevent stories of surplus supply and good stories like shortage supply.

Yes, I knooow, I made a mistake >_< I agree they should ship more. I'd hope it doesn't end up like the Wii and being out of stock for months.

But the wii shortage buzz was great for like 6 months. We should hope for it. If the NS can get that, Nintendo will be happy indeed.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:

What way is shipping that optimistic? Optimistic would be haveing 10m units ready at launch.

2m "potentially" sitting in stores waiting to be bought the first month isnt really optimistic.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Cloudman said:

But the wii shortage buzz was great for like 6 months. We should hope for it. If the NS can get that, Nintendo will be happy indeed.

I suppose... but those times sucked. I heard about so many stories about people wanting the Wii but couldn't, and people had to hunt for the chance stores would receive maybe 1 or 2? The early amiibo days weren't great either.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:

What way is shipping that optimistic? Optimistic would be haveing 10m units ready at launch.

2m "potentially" sitting in stores waiting to be bought the first month isnt really optimistic.

I really need to change my original comment.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Seems a little bit too big for me right now but I could easily be wrong because we haven't seen the launch line-up yet.

Does someone have data for other launch months? Ps3, ps4, wii u, rtc?

Modest projection. IIRC Wii U did like 3.5 million during the launch period.