By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 isn't native 4K on PS4 Pro and it doesn't sound like many games will be

I dont think I will ever understand this native 4k craze of late. And I doubt anyone thought PS4pro would be running games at native 4k since it's specs were leaked in March. but here we are pretend g like this is some sort of news.

I am personally more interested to see how much better than 1080p its upressed games will be or how close to native 4k it's pseudo 4k will be.

What's even more interesting, is that we see how a more expensive scorpio sells on the merits of its "native 4kness" compared to something that does pseudo 4k and would most likely cost $100 less than the scorpio or more.

Call me crazy, but after its all said and done, I think what we all take from this is that resolution isn't as important as most would lead us to believe.

Around the Network

I was never expecting it. The machine we're getting for just $399 is awesome. If I wanted 4k native on AAA games I'd spend a lot more money and get a pc.

The 4k native talk is ridiculous. New games are going to prioritize other improvements because native 4k would require too many trade offs. The exciting thing is the upsacaller. It bridges the gap from double 1080p to 4k display. I believe that tech is solid and the PS4 pro is going to allow developers to implement additional features and performance within that target.

I would love to see the comparisons of checkerboard 4k to native 4k in real life. I doubt there will be a large difference. You're giving too much up with native 4k just for a slight clarity improvement depending on your screen size and how far you sit. So many people shit on 4k tvs when comparing to 1080p, why care now when it's twice 1080p with a strong upsacaller? I'm excited for the other improvements along with full HDR.

The Scorpio may run some AAA titles at native 4K but there will be upscalled ones all the same. Opening that power for other improvements will be the correct route for most development. Xbox would be wise not to force any developers hand to native 4K, or at least not force them to not include sub 4K options.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Miyamotoo said:
Who actualy expected native 4k AAA game on PS4 Pro!?
That will be hard task even for Scorpio.

This.

A $399.99 console won't do native 4k resolution on AAA games.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Miyamotoo said:
Who actualy expected native 4k AAA game on PS4 Pro!?
That will be hard task even for Scorpio.

This.

A $399.99 console won't do native 4k resolution on AAA games.

You'd be surprise on how many posters here think otherwise because it's a ps4.  You are right though. It will do native 4k on some less demanding games.. just like the scorpio. Though scorpio will get closer to achieving it.

Praise the One.

Around the Network

Damn, this game is going to look like shit in my 1080p TV.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Intrinsic said:
I dont think I will ever understand this native 4k craze of late. And I doubt anyone thought PS4pro would be running games at native 4k since it's specs were leaked in March. but here we are pretend g like this is some sort of news.

I am personally more interested to see how much better than 1080p its upressed games will be or how close to native 4k it's pseudo 4k will be.

What's even more interesting, is that we see how a more expensive scorpio sells on the merits of its "native 4kness" compared to something that does pseudo 4k and would most likely cost $100 less than the scorpio or more.

Call me crazy, but after its all said and done, I think what we all take from this is that resolution isn't as important as most would lead us to believe.

4K will be something possible on 1-2 generations after this one.  What kind of developer would focus on 4K when even in the USA there is just a tiny % of users ?

This just makes me wonder if Project Scorpio will be able to do it.

Radek said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Damn, this game is going to look like shit in my 1080p TV.

Why? What version are you getting? TitanFall 2 runs above 1080p on PS4 Pro according to devs.

If the game doesn't run 4K native then my 1080p TV won't be able to take advantage of 4K gaming.

Radek said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

If the game doesn't run 4K native then my 1080p TV won't be able to take advantage of 4K gaming.

I don't understand that logic. More than 1080p on 1080p monitor already equals sharper image. Game won't be running close to 4K pixel wise. Probably below or around 1440p.

Dude, that was my way of saying I only have a 1080p TV so I don't care it's not true 4k.