By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - From console to superior: I HAVE JOINED PC MASTER RACE

Peh said:
JEMC said:

Broken games are no longer something exclusive of PC, and the amount of games with day1 patches, prove that.

It got way worse. Mafia 3 crash on launch -> Refund . Forza 3 Horizon, broken frames (stutter, slowdowns). Patch completely broke the game for me.)

BF1 on the other hand runs pretty good.  

I have a lot of games on my PC. But those just took the cake. Even AC unity was kind of playable.

The Mafia 3 port was very bad, that's true. At least they've already removed the framerates cap.

Forza Horizon 3 is a Windows Store game... most of the games that have launched only on that platform have had troubles (besides Gears 4, that seems to run pretty well).

Thankfully, tho, most of those games get patched soon enough, either by the developers or by the modder community.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
Congratz, keep the ps4 for exclusives and use the PC as a real 4k/high end machine and play the multiplatform games in the best settings ^_^

That is the plan!

Hey guys so a question here. I kind of want to upgrade my RAM card. My motherboard I believe will support another 2 4gb cards. How do i know what to get???

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Why did you get a 24" monitor? Why not play on a big TV?

Nice. Hoping to build myself one too.

BOO!!!! #Consoleraceforever

/s

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Traitor. Just kidding. Enjoy yourself. This is one route I hope to take some time in the near future with console gaming.

ps3-sales! said:
malistix1985 said:
Congratz, keep the ps4 for exclusives and use the PC as a real 4k/high end machine and play the multiplatform games in the best settings ^_^

That is the plan!

Hey guys so a question here. I kind of want to upgrade my RAM card. My motherboard I believe will support another 2 4gb cards. How do i know what to get???

Errr it isn't a RAM card really, it's sticks of ram, if you have zero exp with PC components I would advise you ask someone of your housemates who has to do this upgrade, you can very easily damage the motherboard while installing new RAM. 8GB is a little strange for a system with a 4GB graphics card but at the same time I'm sure it'll do just fine while you get to grips with stuff.

I would side with others here though and consider adding an SSD to this PC as fast as you can as you'll want to have your Operating system on that and some core games that you play often, if you put like... windows and League on there the difference of getting a game loaded up will be truely night and day for you, once you go SSD you will not go back. and yeah, SSDs are not tough to install really, but like I said you'll most likely have to reinstall the operating system on to it, but seen on amazon that PC came with a recovery disc so you have the OS on that you can just pop in an SSD and then get that disc loading windows onto it.

Would recommend adding a nice surround sound headset too just for general PC use and games, I use a https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-Headset/dp/B00AZO8KSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477445881&sr=8-1&keywords=plantronics+surround+sound very very nice headset, while it looks huge it's very comfortable and the sound from them is just amazing for the asking price, you'll literally be blown away... mind your ears.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I will recomend you to replay some last gen games, you would not even notice the difference in some vs current gen games, that PC case looks so damn good, mine is all red too, and the monitor well I got an AOC since 2011 it still has the plastic protection and works like new, but yours damn 144hz :P Enjoy it, you will feel the difference in alot of games.

From what I see in a tear down of the PC btw

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Skylake-Motherboard-B150M-Bazooka/dp/B016AT9F5A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=legirevi03-20&linkId=e6ace2281d3b0d41f7a212a372521f74

That is the motherboard found in some of those, which supports up to 64GB of RAM in 4 slots and it would almost certainly have 2 of the four slots populated with memory, what you would want to be buying is

https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-2133MHz-Non-ECC-Desktop-HX421C14FBK2/dp/B00TY6A1P0/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1477446232&sr=1-2&keywords=ddr4+2133
Which would fill the other 2 slots with 2x4GB and bring you up to 16GB or else

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-2133MHz-PC4-17000-Memory/dp/B0123ZCD36/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1477446232&sr=1-1&keywords=ddr4+2133

Which would add 16GB to your machine, since you haven't much exp with PC's it's perfectly fine to have the 2x4 in there right now (I really doubt they would have used 4x2GB sticks) and to have a set of 2X8GB just make sure you put the 2 new ones in the matching color slots, so you have 2 white and 2 black slots for ram, 2x4 in the white and 2x8 in the black, don't mix that up.

If you're unsure of where they go

It's the black and white long connections on the bottom right of this picture, (this is the board which I think is in your machine) so you can check by opening the side panel and checking to make sure you have 2 of these empty, and then buy some ram and fill it up!

Any questions at all, if you ask on here or PM me there is a load of tech support people on this site (I'm certified!)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

Errr it isn't a RAM card really, it's sticks of ram, if you have zero exp with PC components I would advise you ask someone of your housemates who has to do this upgrade, you can very easily damage the motherboard while installing new RAM. 8GB is a little strange for a system with a 4GB graphics card but at the same time I'm sure it'll do just fine while you get to grips with stuff.

Really? I thought you have to use violence to damage the motherboard while doing that. Otherwise I had a hard time seeing how you could damage it. You just have to see that the notch is facing the right way, and then push (once you've opened the holders of course).