By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: New Wipeout for Playstation 4 at Playstation Experience 2016?

axumblade said:
I don't need VR but I would love to play a new Wipeout game!

have u already tried the psvr, vive or rift?

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Asedebck said:

have u already tried the psvr, vive or rift?

I haven't but I am waiting on it. Just don't have the extra flow of catch to pick it up yet. 

If possible try it in your local electronic market. Everybody I have shown mine so far was completly blown away and it exceeds their expectations ALOT.

Dont say you dont need it as long you havnt tried ;)

KBG29 said:
A new Wipeout would be great.

For those bagging on VR, get off the hate train. VR is the future. It would be great if Sony made Wipeout VR exclusive. Just as it will be great if the next games from Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are VR exclusive as well. Sony has to put big games behind VR for it to mature, and pave the way for better games in the future. We have reached the limits out what a controller and a flat TV can achieve, all that is left is new stories, and better graphics. VR is where games can grow, and usher in brand new experiences.

Hopefully, the rumors of this new Wipeout are true, and hopefully it will have full VR support, to take it to the next level.

Look at this thread. VR is obviously not the future.

I can't wait for another 6 months to a year when we can finally just shrug it off as the fad it was.

Nem said:
KBG29 said:

For those bagging on VR, get off the hate train. VR is the future. It would be great if Sony made Wipeout VR exclusive. Just as it will be great if the next games from Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are VR exclusive as well. Sony has to put big games behind VR for it to mature, and pave the way for better games in the future. We have reached the limits out what a controller and a flat TV can achieve, all that is left is new stories, and better graphics. VR is where games can grow, and usher in brand new experiences.

Hopefully, the rumors of this new Wipeout are true, and hopefully it will have full VR support, to take it to the next level.

I can't wait for another 6 months to a year when we can finally just shrug it off as the fad it was.

VR is the future, in 6 months it will be the biggest buzz in electronics. A year from now we will have Call of Duty in VR on PSVR, Scorpio, Vive, and Rift.

I understand many people have a hard time accepting progress, and that is fine. That is why there are very smart and very powerful people in the world, and they make sure that progress continues. Eventually, the majority of games will be VR, because VR is multitudes of times better than the way we played games for the past 50 years. 

I still hope Sony makes a Wipeout, and I still hope it is VR only. Indies and 3rd parties can continue to make retro games, but it is Sonys job to innovate and bring out the best experiences on their platform, and VR is the only way that happens.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Should have been there at PS4's launch. Sony fucked up.

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
That would be noice. But please no mere HD Remaster (for VR). A complete remake of 2097 at the very least.

That would be awesome, original soundtrack too please.

I would play it too without VR, I think, maybe, dunno. Hard to go back to black and white once you have seen color tv.

KBG29 said:
Nem said:

VR is the future, in 6 months it will be the biggest buzz in electronics. A year from now we will have Call of Duty in VR on PSVR, Scorpio, Vive, and Rift.

I understand many people have a hard time accepting progress, and that is fine. That is why there are very smart and very powerful people in the world, and they make sure that progress continues. Eventually, the majority of games will be VR, because VR is multitudes of times better than the way we played games for the past 50 years. 

I still hope Sony makes a Wipeout, and I still hope it is VR only. Indies and 3rd parties can continue to make retro games, but it is Sonys job to innovate and bring out the best experiences on their platform, and VR is the only way that happens.

Well... hope springs eternal i suppose.

Nem said:
KBG29 said:

Man, where do you guys come up with these cringeworthy comments.

Some one digit paged thread tells us if VR is the future or not?

I wouldnt say VR is "the future". But certainly it will play a big part in the near future. Who says otherwise doesnt know whats going on in the world and is confined to the boundaries of... some internet forum and its couple of pages long threads.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Nem said:

I wouldnt say VR is "the future". But certainly it will play a big part in the near future. Who says otherwise doesnt know whats going on in the world and is confined to the boundaries of... some internet forum and its couple of pages long threads.

lol... sure. Or some can't see what is in front of them and why the products can't ever go mainstream.

So, yeah... let's see. I have done this dance many times. Don't forget to disappear aswell when the obvious sinks in. It's the usual modus operandi.

Zoombael said:
Nem said:

Don't bother. I'm pretty sure a VR headset killed Nems parents.

User was warned for this post - Starcraft

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.