By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stop trying to predict Nintendo

AZWification said:
onionberry said:

pics or it didn't happen

My e-penis is not all that big, there's not much for anyone to see..

If we add up your vgpoints, that e-penis gets quite big though 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

OP's last point is a bit of a stretch. PS4 Pro and Scorpio are both going to likely do quite well. There are plenty of "negative" Nintendo predictions that have come true too.

Like "Nintendo is going to abandon the Wii U and its owners" (yup). "Star Fox on Wii U is going to have issues because of its wonky controls" (yup). "Wii U is not going to get a Metroid or real Animal Crossing game" (yup).

FloatingWaffles said:

Not only just predicting, but some people always act like their opinions are fact. If someone doen't like a Nintendo console, "Oh man this is shit, so because I feel that way then obviously everyone else must feel that way" and shit like that.

It's always fun when people underestimate Nintendo though. It leads to things like the examples you mentioned and people being so surprised when they should have seen it coming, it's Nintendo. 

For someone who hates people who use opinion as fact, there are a few things here that are opinion being passed around as fact. Lol.

Even funnier still since I said most likely making everything I said not being thrown around as facts. Get your facts straight.

- Nintendo themselves weren't responsible for Pokemon GO's success (they don't even own half the pie). While anyone predicting its failure was clearly wrong, that was down to Niantic first, The Pokemon Company second, and Nintendo third. Though on a side note, describing Pokemon GO as "meh" isn't really countered by its success. Even the majority of those of us who enjoyed it agree the core games is pretty balls :p

- We're not even out of October, but you're already mocking holiday predictions? By all means address why you think they'll be wrong, but here you frame it like Nintendo's overwhelming holiday success is an undeniable fact.

- Making the argument that the Pro and Scorpio will make the NX irrelevant before we even saw it was pretty damn silly (even having now seen it, it's hard to make firm claims), but pretending the maintainstream "doesn't give a fuck" about the former two is likewise silly. Not only is that kind of Switch vs Pro/Scorpio comparison poor from the start, but that claim is just blatantly false. Either the Pro or Scorpio selling even mediocrity would undermine that statement.

Don't get me wrong, i understand the point you're trying to make, and i even agree to an extent, but exaggerating the majority of your examples only works against you. Your Switch comment for example would hold considerably more weight if it was framed as "the mainstream is much more interested in the Switch", rather than "the Switch is blowing everyone's minds, while no one gives as fuck about the Pro/Scorpio". The former is easily argued, the latter is an exaggeration that borders on pure fiction.

We get it already, you like Nintendo and you don't like people being negative about Nintendo.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Nobody gives a fuck about the pro... Yeah, it went in a massive sales spike as soon as it was available until it sold out.
Switch blown everyones mind... Not even my super biased towards Nintendo best friend was blown away.

What has to stop is this threads you do about Nintendo just to display bias, we already know you like Nintendo, onion, didnt we talk about this kind of thing just yesterday about a Sony related one?

By the way, predicting Nintendo has been going pretty smoothly to me personally.
Both the Pokemon Go and Switch were things Ive been saying Nintendo should do way before they did.

i wont stop shiiiit

Nintendo is doomed. That's the only correct prediction.

freebs2 said:
Nintendo is doomed. That's the only correct prediction.

no, Nintendo need to make games for xbox and ps4

It is very hard to predict Nintendo indeed. Lots of people thought WiiU would be the best selling console this gen and look at what happened.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

onionberry said:

Nintendo Switch blows the minds of  gamers, mainstream and casual public

Is this.... is this comment serious? o.o