By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lets get real about the most likely scenario with NS.

nuckles87 said:
bigtakilla said:

We already know major third party games are not coming to the switch. Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy to name two.

As for the dock, if there were truly any performance boosting parts, I think sliding it in and out the the dock station would have some issues in running the game. It wouldn't be as smooth of a transition as it is, plus the danger of bricking the NS. A pc owner would never pull pieces of their pc out while running a game. Plus it would add to the cost considerably. Most likely it isn't going to have anything in the base. We'll see soon enough though.

Those two games don't really clue us in at the kinds of games Switch will or won't be getting, let alone its overall level of support, especially since ff15 never actually ruled out a Switch version.

The Switch isn't a PC, and it's the first gaming device ever DESIGNED to operate like this. I'm not really sure how you can infer on how a mobile device/game console would operate based on how a stock PC works. I'm also not sure how you can definitively say it would add to the cost considerably, when we don't know how much any of the components in this thing cost. Even if the base doesn't have anything, there are ways it's power can be improved while it is plugged into it. 

We've also had rumors from a very credible source (the same source that nailed other aspects of the Switch) that there is a power boost when docked. And in fact, she even explains the transition time :

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789131903622406144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Then you have games releasing months later than other consoles with downgraded graphics and no mention of it when they are relevant. Same with Skyrim and 2k17.

For an example, see the first 2 years of Wii Us life

Around the Network

I don't think the game would have to reset entirely *if* (and that's a huuuuge if) they did do the enhanced dock stuff.

When you change graphics settings on your PC game, even from high settings to low it's not like the game or even the entire PC resets.

That said, I'm still 50-50 on that, wouldn't be surprised if they did offer a dock with better graphics for TV, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do that at all and what's in the NS hardware is all you get.

Soundwave said:
I don't think the game would have to reset entirely *if* (and that's a huuuuge if) they did do the enhanced dock stuff.

When you change graphics settings on your PC game, even from high settings to low it's not like the game or even the entire PC resets.

That said, I'm still 50-50 on that, wouldn't be surprised if they did offer a dock with better graphics for TV, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do that at all and what's in the NS hardware is all you get.

Changing the settings isn't as abrupt as using two gpus and cpus, then ripping two out mid game. But you could be right, maybe it doesn't matter.

Your example (and the most likely case imo) is how much power the tablet is able to use in the dock is greater due to it being plugged in to a power outlet. That to me also seems closer to your analogy of switching a games settings from medium to high.

bigtakilla said:
Eagle367 said:

Plus the man above fails to think that the games were post rendered or pasted on the screens not the actual game footage so it wouldn't be as seemless as in the trailer so how the hell can you know the extra bulky dock has nothing in it

Why didn't the videos show enhanced graphics when they did switch? 

Cause it was a concept video of how the thing works, it's like a demonstration not the actual showing. Like how games are showed to be so amazing but turn out not that much. The actual footage may be better or worse, we don't know at this stage

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

My points 7,8,9,and 10 confirmed. Let's see how long until the rest are.