By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you lose additional screen in Switch' "Home" mode?

Dock station clearly hides the screen. That kinda stupid and lost opportunity for gaming. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have only two control options in "Home" mode: that awful puppy-head transformer and Pro controller (which you need to buy separately).

Wii U looks better and better with every minute after Switch reveal. 

Around the Network

I think another option is removing the sides and using them both separately. I'm hoping the gamepad is backwards compatible with it though. I love the gamepad.

As for the puppy-head controller, don't knock it 'til you actually get it in your hands.

Holding the gamepad in my hands right now and I sort of see it not being too different to the Switch puppy-head controller save for the smaller center.

I think it's for the better actually, having 2 screens made it a lot more difficult to port games, so moving it back to one is probably a good step

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Having a second controller screen barely helped for the Wii U so nothing was lost.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

I hope "puppy pad" becomes the nickname for that controller, lol. That sounds adorable.

Boberkun said:

Dock station clearly hides the screen. That kinda stupid and lost opportunity for gaming. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have only two control options in "Home" mode: that awful puppy-head transformer and Pro controller (which you need to buy separately).

Wii U looks better and better with every minute after Switch reveal. 

Source?

Soundwave said:
I hope "puppy pad" becomes the nickname for that controller, lol. That sounds adorable.

Nintendo could sell a version like that for Nintendo dogs. The small ones / Japan will eat it up.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

welp, knew there'd be negativity.

No offense but the Wii U failed. Duel screens are amazing, I'll admit that. However, Iwata-san unfortunately made the wrong decisions for the Wii U. Still love the console, but the new nintendo president is more realistic and realizes how 1 screen will make things much easier

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

KLXVER said:

Source?

We talk about Nintendo, baby. Pro controller or Puppy-head will be sold separately.