By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gametrailers: Pachter predicts April US sales

wtfz?

i seem to recall a video of him saying that ps3 will sell half on what 360 sells this year?

anyways, yea those numbers seem reasonable.. with a boost from gta and gt5p

Around the Network

o yea,

my birthday is on april 1st! and no its not a joke.

Someone should catalogue his predictions and then send him an e-mail at years end.

He thinks that PS2 owners will finally buy a PS3 for GTA4. But I think this is a case for the 360 too, people will finally make the jump to the HD era. What do you guys think? When will PS2 owners finally make the jump as there are obviously a lot of them out there still.

The PS3 is very high and Xbox360 is very low.

Around the Network

Xbox 360 350k in the entire month of april? What is this guy smoking? Even in march without GTA4 Xbox 360 sold over 350k...

EaglesEye379 said:
He thinks that PS2 owners will finally buy a PS3 for GTA4. But I think this is a case for the 360 too, people will finally make the jump to the HD era. What do you guys think? When will PS2 owners finally make the jump as there are obviously a lot of them out there still.

ps2 owners will make the jump to ps3 when gta iv coems out. ive been telling my friends this since september. and yeai  agree with what hes saying: most people dont even finish gta games so why woul they want extra dlc missions? its true.

if i was microsoft, i would make it like, you have to have a old membership to download gta iv exxtra dlc. but i dont think the extra dlc is a major factor is 360 hardware selling. 

Chrizum said:
Xbox 360 350k in the entire month of april? What is this guy smoking? Even in march without GTA4 Xbox 360 sold over 350k...
In February, NPD was 250k for US 360 and 280k for PS3. So he thinks it will go up 100k for 360, and almost double for PS3. This is his prediction of the GTA4 effect.

500K? It did 466K in November, Mr. Pachter.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
500K? It did 466K in November, Mr. Pachter.

Careful ... you'll disrupt the reality distortion field he has created