By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS To Pass PS2 in Japan Within Two Weeks, Maybe This Week

I heard that too, I think according to media create DS passed PS2 some weeks ago.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I wonder if the Wii will reach that level?(PS2)
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=DS&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS2&reg3=Japan&start=39166&end=39530&weekly=1

Right now, I'd say yes, but it won't be as successful as the DS in Japan.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

DS is a beast, I wonder if any game will really drive hardware sales anymore
redesign probably will boost again

hufter said:
DS is a beast, I wonder if any game will really drive hardware sales anymore
redesign probably will boost again

Probably if it recieved its first Japanese price cut lol.

DS is insane, very good new to Nintendo, next pass GB sales.

Around the Network

Good job DS, and Nintendo most likely already has a redesign ready and are just waiting for the right time to launch it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

TheSource said:

A platform that launched in December 2004 has outsold the top selling console in Japan already. Even though the PS2 launched in March of 2000 in Japan. Granted, the two never really competed with one another directly, but:

Hold on there Mr. Afro-Cowboy. The top selling console in Japan is the PS2? No, in order for the DS to get that position, it's still got another 9 or so million to go methinks.

If you're saying that the DS beat the highest selling home console of all time, then that's just cherry picking (dangit Fishy has me saying it too!).

Both consoles are really impressive..
Will the Ds record ever been broken..
Although records are made to break

MontanaHatchet said:
TheSource said:

A platform that launched in December 2004 has outsold the top selling console in Japan already. Even though the PS2 launched in March of 2000 in Japan. Granted, the two never really competed with one another directly, but:

Hold on there Mr. Afro-Cowboy. The top selling console in Japan is the PS2? No, in order for the DS to get that position, it's still got another 9 or so million to go methinks.

If you're saying that the DS beat the highest selling home console of all time, then that's just cherry picking (dangit Fishy has me saying it too!).

*edited* The GB stat includes the GameBoy and the GameBoy Color I believe.

FishyJoe said:
MontanaHatchet said:
TheSource said:

Huh? 9 million more for what? Really, I don't understand what you are saying.

You're supposed to scroll down...

Hardware:
ConsoleWeekWeeklyTotal
101118,085 (-27%) 9,049,332
15652,608 (-21%) 11,929,641
765,630 (-32%) 2,142,857
4304,869 (-12%) 19,091,615
532,093 (-32%) 370,223
331,485 (-40%) 166,608
7231,103 (-21%) 31,277,744
116311 (-51%) 735,096

Maybe the extra bolding will help.