By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Donald Trump Wins

Politicial preference aside we all know that the election is in Hillary's favor, and I was actually undismissive of Trump's chances up until the last bombshell of groping allegations. Regardless, she has an easier hill to climb.

BUT, somehow, in some possible universe (philosiphical term) there is a set of circumstances in which Donald Trump beats Hillary. Meaning we have to throw determinism out the window if that's something that gets your panties in a twist. Any outcome is possible regardless of how probable.

So, how could he still win? What would have to happen?

-

I say hard evidence of Bill having groping allegations; Russia screwing aorund in Europe (instilling fear-mongering political preferences), or maybe a super sincer apology from Donald in what would be tonight's debate. Any other suggestions?

Around the Network

Bernie fans not voting for Hillary because they're spoiled little brats will make Trump win.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Bernie fans not voting for Hillary because they're spoiled little brats will make Trump win.

Not voting for Bernie when he clearly had the greater lead against Trump than Hillary in every poll will make Trump win :p

vivster said:

I vote for the candidate that has my interest in my mind, not becasue I'm scared of the other possible outcome.

If you consider yourself Progressive and you are voting for Hilary, you're spineless fraud. 

Same for "conservatives" voting for Trump. 

FIT_Gamer said:
vivster said:

I vote for the candidate that has my interest in my mind, not becasue I'm scared of the other possible outcome.

If you consider yourself Progressive and you are voting for Hilary, you're spineless fraud. 

Hillary supports the same policies as Bernie. She might not be as ferocious but it's still the same, after all the party will dictate what's done anyway.

Being progressive and giving your vote to Trump(which automatically happens if you don't vote for Hillary) makes you just stupid because you voted literally against progress.

American politics is is nothing but entertainment now because people vote for emotions instead of policies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I don't see any world where trump wins unless something really big changes between now and the election, it seems like a landslide after the last few weeks, hes just offended too many people

Twitter @CyberMalistix

malistix1985 said:
I don't see any world where trump wins unless something really big changes between now and the election, it seems like a landslide after the last few weeks, hes just offended too many people

It's kinda sad that people have to be constantly offended every week for months to not vote for Trump. Just shows how politics in America is nothing more than a popularity contest where charisma wins and policies don't matter.

Trump is a disaster for the Republican party (and probably the democratic process in America). He probably hasn't just lost this election for the Republicans, but also the next one.

If you want to see a good right-wing leader look at Angela Merkel. Extremely competent and respected by all sides of politics and smart enough to do traditional "left wing" things when it is "the necessary thing to do" (e.g. taking control of the refugees from Syria).

vivster said:
malistix1985 said:

It's kinda sad that people have to be constantly offended every week for months to not vote for Trump. Just shows how politics in America is nothing more than a popularity contest where charisma wins and policies don't matter.

It is a populairity contest, Im not from the USA I am not voting but I do see insider predictions, polls and the news and everything is pointing towards a landslide for Hillary, I don't know who I would vote I personally think they are both completely unqualified but generally when everything points one way, its proberbly true and going to happen.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Ugh, only a few of the Bernie people were being asses about their votes. I don't even think they are really gonna vote Trump to spite Hillary. I think these people were just making noise in places the news crews could see. So interviews and public polling. When it comes time to actually vote I think they'll vote Hillary.

That's another thing I think Trump has against him. I think the polling is actually misleadingly positive for Trump. I think the Bernie people are screaming never Hillary, but at the moment of truth, they'll vote hillary. I also think a lot of the family members of the Trump supporters are secretly pretending to be Trump supporters. I mean, have you seen the crazies that man attracts? I would be scared for my life in some of those southern states if some of those people knew I was voting Hillary.

As far as what Trump could do to win? I actually like what he's doing right now. He's going through the entire list of dream policies that everyone wishes a candidate would have, but no politician is willing to bring up. Things that would gain the ire of the entire US congress. Like term limits on the House and Senate.

I don't think he can get those dream policies through really. They require cooperation that just doesn't exist. Either that or some really cunning political maneuvering that Trump just isn't capable of.