By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I finished Super Mario 3D World, and I'm highly impressed

An I going crazy?

Yes, go see a doctor 18 14.75%

No, this game is indeed awesome 104 85.25%

Total:122
Miyamotoo said:

I could never say that SM3DW is step backward, I would said it's more sidestep.

It could be said that SM3DW is NSMB but just in 3D, but IMO game feels totally fresh (not like another NSMB game) with some interesting new ideas and great fun. Game did not pushed scope boundaries of Mario 3D games, but actually did push boundaries of local multiplayer of 3D platformer games, and game is so fun.

Bought it. finished it. Sold it.

Like New super Mario Bros U before that. It was a nice game to play, but not a step in the right direction for me.

I agree, it's a side step. But a Side steap after 4 years waiting for the real step forward... It's disappointing. Especially when you think that Galawy 2 was really more of a galaxy 1.5. It was great but let's be honest here.

So yeah, still waiting for the next great Mario game that will be mindblowing.

Around the Network

I agree. Super Mario 3D World is a fantastic game and one of my favorite games this generation. I'd say it's the best Mario platformer since Super Mario 64.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

SM3DW is easily the best 3D Mario game, from a gameplay perspective. It's fantastic. Where it falls short is in "theme"; it doesn't really have one. It seriously lacks style points and originality. Picking up SMG or 64 for the first time felt epic. 3DW didn't have that. It's too bad really, because it's far better in its gameplay.

maxleresistant said:
Miyamotoo said:

It could be said that SM3DW is NSMB but just in 3D, but IMO game feels totally fresh (not like another NSMB game) with some interesting new ideas and great fun. Game did not pushed scope boundaries of Mario 3D games, but actually did push boundaries of local multiplayer of 3D platformer games, and game is so fun.

Like New super Mario Bros U before that. It was a nice game to play, but not a step in the right direction for me.

I agree, it's a side step. But a Side steap after 4 years waiting for the real step forward... It's disappointing. Especially when you think that Galawy 2 was really more of a galaxy 1.5. It was great but let's be honest here.

Well opinions...but I get people when they say they want 3D Mario on bigger scope like Mario Galaxy.

Talking about SMG, I finished SMG and I really enjoyed it, one of best games ever made. But in SMG2 I only finished few levels, its to similar to SMG1 and after fininshing SMG1 I didnt want any more SMG, IMO one SMG game is enuf. I am one of people who dont want that new 3D Mario be SMG3. :D

Amazing game. I need to go back and replay it all again. The level designs are so fun.

Around the Network

Gameplay wise I actually agree it's the best of the 3D Marios because of the diversity,in straight up comparisons only the Galaxy games really stand up to it.

Its a good game, but its not a 10/10 game.
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are both 10s.

maxleresistant said:
Miyamotoo said:

Im with Max. Its a side-step to a old game, that doesnt feel like a step forwards.

Its a good game, dont get me wrong, but its not in the same league as Super Mario Galaxy was.

The differnce between a 8 or 9, out of 10, vs a 10/10 is pretty big.

SM3DW isnt a 10.

Played it for seventeen hours straight first time. The gameplay is pretty great, and I like the variety in powerups. I was impressed too. It is the first actual Mario game in 3D on consoles, after all.

It is no real 3D Mario and gameplay is very simplified compared to a real open world Mario game. I tried to like it, but SM64 or Galaxy are much better games.