By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captivated by XCX all over again

My original playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles X ended on something of a sour note, due to the frustrating semi-final boss and the lack of an adequate payoff for the game’s story. I walked away from it a tad disappointed, and didn’t touch it again for about 8 months.

The day before yesterday, I dusted it off again, figuring I could save myself buying a new game by going back and finishing off some of the many sidequests I skipped.

Revisiting the game after a long break, I found myself blown away all over again by the world of Mira. From its multitude of creatively exotic flora and fauna, to its sweeping vistas, to its sheer seamless vastness, it truly makes me feel like being a survivor marooned on hostile yet beautiful alien planet.

In a generation that, for me, has been seriously lacking in wow factor, it’s still one of the few games that has managed to really impress me. It may not be at the cutting edge of graphics technology, but through a combination of bold artistic vision, clever engineering, and sheer ambition, it crafts a truly breathtaking world.

Even after 90 hours of playtime, I’m still finding hidden areas and treasures that I missed until now.

Sure, it has its imperfections, but I feel like the bitter note on which I finished the game back in February somewhat dulled my memory of just how amazing it is at its best.

Around the Network

Its an amazing game. What they managed to pull off on Wii U hardware is remarkable. It is one of my best games of the generation, and I doubt it will be removed from that list. I would love to see it remastered on NX. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if it pulls off 1080p/60 with massive improvements in textures.

Glad to hear. Like bunchanumbers said, would like a remaster on NX

I've played over 100 hours and still haven't beaten the game D:

Got really annoyed with the Blood Lobsters, but I plan to pick this game up again to finish it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bunchanumbers said:
I would love to see it remastered on NX. I wouldn't be shocked in the least if it pulls off 1080p/60 with massive improvements in textures.

While we dont know yet how much horsepower NX will have, I suspect 1080p/30fps is more likely. And honestly, even as a 60fps junkie, I think for the kind of game it is, XCX works just fine at 30fps. 

While I personally dislike remasters, I think one is likely in the case of XCX and other Wii U games which may not have sold as well as Nintendo might have liked due to Wii U's small install base. (Tropical Freeze is another likely candidate)

Around the Network

XCX is imo the best RPG this gen. Sure, it has some issues (the unfinished story, it lacks some guidance in fetch quests...). But Mira breaths life. It's vast, but it never become tiresome meeting new species, doing side quest to know more about characters and the world itself... Sure, the main plot is somewhat lackluster in comparison to its predecessor, but the world is way, way better. It has probably the best world building I've ever seen.

This is one of my favorite flawed games ever. Totally worth buying the Wii U for this. Had to use a reserve fuel tank to finish that final story boss though. It was pretty crazy too because my final hit from the skell went through right after he used his final fuck your skell move.

Also I didn't learn about the lock on button (click right stick) until right before I was grinding to level 60 to beat the final boss. 

There isn't enough time in the day for me to play this game (my work schedule is cruel and my husband demands a lot of attention), but it's shaping up to be my favorite game of the generation, even without the boob slider...

Have a nice day...

Sadly I had to put it down some time ago as well, as it just demands way too much time, and I didn't have it to sync in the game. I'd have a hard time progressing in the game simple because I had so much fun just going where ever I could. I'd probably waste hours just running around, finding things out in the open. If I manage to clear some games away, maybe I'll be able to jump into this massive game again...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My favorite thing about the game is its post-story content. Getting endgame gear and trying out builds on superbosses is a lot of fun.