By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

Consoles are a crazy business and small changes can have monumental effects so it could be reversal of fortune for Xbox and PS or it could just be nothing but an anomaly

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
X1Gates said:
Well done to phil spencer and co, when you put out a quality console you will sell it. I think october/november/december is also xbox wins. The pro is not a big difference to the original ps4 and people know this.

Are you taking notes, Mike?

The PS5 Exists. 

X1Gates said:
Well done to phil spencer and co, when you put out a quality console you will sell it. I think october/november/december is also xbox wins. The pro is not a big difference to the original ps4 and people know this.

if 2.3 times more power than the ps4 and exactly 3 times more power than the xb1 is not a big difference, then yes, the pro is not a big difference

X1Gates said:
sabvre42 said:

And the xb1s is soooooo much different than the og xb1? I mean it has enhanced IQ right?

It has a 4k drive for 299. What does the ps4 s and pro have that makes it different from the xbox one s? Nothing!!

the pro does checkerboard rendering, it is 2k native upscaled to 4k, unlike the xb1 which is 720p upscaled to 4k

X1Gates said:
Jigsawx1 said:
Great to see that Xbox wins again! this time with ~ 50 k+

Next month is going to be a massacre with gears 4 launch and battlefield marketing. Predicting that the xbox doubles the ps4 in October. 

i've got some bad news for you

BF4 sold on PS4, 3.42m http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72001/battlefield-4/  while it sold 1.98 on the xb1, so you can be sure that BF1 will sell more on the ps4 as well, marketing means nothing, witcher 3 had xbox marketing, sold more on ps4, fallout 4 had xbox marketing, it sold more on ps4, dark souls 3 had xbox marketing, it sold more on ps4, same with cod ghosts, advanced warfare, bf hardline and every multiplatform game, ALL multiplatform games sell more on ps4 than the xbox

as for gears, gears is a smaller franchise than uncharted so ...

X1Gates said:
Jigsawx1 said:
Great to see that Xbox wins again! this time with ~ 50 k+

Next month is going to be a massacre with gears 4 launch and battlefield marketing. Predicting that the xbox doubles the ps4 in October. 

Dude just stop pleaseeee lol  :'-D

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
So this is the feeling the Germans had when they started losing territory :(. Sucks hard.

The germans will get over it :P

This 199$ Euro PS4slim deal will probably help them deal with the pain:

A 199$ PS4slim in the US would probably do wonders as well.

X1Gates said:
sabvre42 said:

And the xb1s is soooooo much different than the og xb1? I mean it has enhanced IQ right?

It has a 4k drive for 299. What does the ps4 s and pro have that makes it different from the xbox one s? Nothing!!

PS4pro:

1) It has a differnt games library (and stuff like Jrpgs).

2) Over 300% the performance of the Xbox One Slim and therefore better looking games (multiplats).

3) It also has 1080p x 2 checkerboard 4K for games (instead of Xbox One Slim 720-900p).

4) It has a VR headset and games for VR, along with VR movies.

^ Its 50$ more for all the above, if you compaire 1tb to 1tb models.

PS4s:

1) It has a differnt games library (and stuff like Jrpgs).

2) it has ~30-35% the performance of the Xbox One Slim, and therefore better looking games (multiplats)

3) it has more 1080p games than the xbox one (instead of 720-900p).

4) it has a VR headset and games for VR, along with VR movies.

5) it uses less power and is much much less noisy than the Xbox One Slim.

Radek said:
JRPGfan said:

The germans will get over it :P

This 199$ Euro PS4slim deal will probably help them deal with the pain:

A 199$ PS4slim in the US would probably do wonders as well

Jesus Christ, only 199€ for PS4 Slim? That's an amazing deal.

Honestly Im not sure why they are doing it.

Germany is bascially won for sony already, I guess it could be a means to not give the xbox any more footing there.

Radek said:
JRPGfan said:

Honestly Im not sure why they are doing it.

Germany is bascially won for sony already, I guess it could be a means to not give the xbox any more footing there.

Yeah XB1S has no chance at all now in Germany. Most people buy 300-400€ smartphones, 199€ for PS4s is just cray cray.

Whats crazy is that the Wii U is like €299.

Its 100 euro more than the PS4slim.... for a system that is all but dead, and less than 1/10th the power.

JRPGfan said:

Whats crazy is that the Wii U is like €299.

Its 100 euro more than the PS4slim.... for a system that is all but dead, and less than 1/10th the power.

My take would be that Germany is PC orientated and so therefore most people are opting for the PS4Pro. So in order to get PS4slim stock moving, Sony has lowered the price. We could eventually see this in other regions too.

The PS5 Exists.