By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

Jranation said:
Anyone kept count on how many times X1 won this year? I know they won 3 in a row. Not sure about the other months.

It doesnt matter tho, a win is a win. 

This to me is all down to exactly what happens when you announce new hardware over a month before it's even released. Announcing to Pro in September for a November release was a mistake. As is that the PS4s is priced at $299. I really felt Sony should have taken it down to $249. 

The odd win here or there won't for the XB1 won't make much of a difference to Sony but this tells me that Sony hasn't got that go for the jugular killer instinct they had back in the time of the PS2. 

I'm curious to see how things goes once MS is outta stock of the OG XB1 which are being sold in firewalls deals. I mean that thing can be bought brand new with games for under $200 now. 

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Curious question though,how many times did the xbox one win worldwide?

Hard to know, since just a few countries release hardware numbers.

I see lots of downplaying here.
Let's be honest, even you PlayStation guys: Nobody expected this just five months ago.

If I told you that Xbox One will win NPD in July, August, September (Despite a new Playstation SKU!) and probably October you would have called me crazy.

Credit where credit is due.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Swordmasterman said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Curious question though,how many times did the xbox one win worldwide?

Hard to know, since just a few countries release hardware numbers.

True,but since we do know how much the ps4 sold/and Microsoft  to afraid to tell i bet its actually 0 times since both  asia/japan   and Europe  is a huge pro PlayStation. 

When even my brother  buys a ps4 yet he always  supported  xbox you know something  is up.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

DirtyP2002 said:
Let's be honest, even you PlayStation guys: Nobody expected this just five months ago.

If I told you that Xbox One will win NPD in July, August, September (Despite a new Playstation SKU!) and probably October you would have called me crazy.

Where are  you seeing  downplay?

If we have amazon  and a lot of other  trackers to be believed pro is going  to be massive(so takin away  slim sales)

Everyone  is given Microsoft (xbox) the  respect  it deserves. 

There are just some "xbox fans"  who call it domination.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I didn't read other posts, but no, it was expected.

In july, they dropped the price of Xboxone like hell, before the slim, you could get the console for 150/180 $.

August, well, it's the Xone slim, with still some effect in september.

The problem of the psslim for septembre, it's the release date, middle of the month, with the previous weeks sales being Extremely low on ps4 because of low stock for sony (thanks amazon bestsellers), it wasn't enough to take 1st place.

But now, look at amazon topseller, it's full of ps4 (the Vr bundle in 1st place).

Surprising but I guess there is little more intensive to upgrade to Xbone S and due to the fact that FH3 and Gears4 are new game released probably helped a bit as well. Having said that with PSVR, PS4P releasing I think PS4 will have the advantage from now on. I am interested to know the numbers for September though

Well, what does that mean for the amazon-monthly threads?

xl-klaudkil said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Where are  you seeing  downplay?

If we have amazon  and a lot of other  trackers to be believed pro is going  to be massive(so takin away  slim sales)

Everyone  is given Microsoft (xbox) the  respect  it deserves. 

There are just some "xbox fans"  who call it domination.

Who? In this thread?

Especially not everyone to the italic text but that is also not to be expected.

Radek said:

I really really don't understand why people always compliement companies for giving them opportunity to buy the same hardware twice. PS4 Slim is meant for new costumers and improvements like lower power consumption due to 16 nm chip, lower temps, quieter HDD, smaller size, smaller weight, better WiFi are welcome improvements. The thing is OG Xbox One had much more problems than old PS4 models like it's huge size, huge external power brick, slower GPU - that's why Xbox One S seems so appealing for some. The only thing hardware wise it has over PS4 Slim is 4K Blu-Ray and that's it (GPU only got 7% boost on Xbox, it's still slower than PS4's) ...
People that complain about no reason to upgrade, why would you? If you want to upgrade you pay 100$ more for 130% more GPU power and 30% CPU overclock rather than buying Xbox One again for 7% overclock and 4K Blu-Ray.

But perhaps that is really, really your own problem of understanding and seeing what is happening instead of just accepting what it is right now.