By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation VR First Impressions

Fei-Hung said:
Normchacho said:

I didn't realize that was a thing... I'll download it when I get home. 

Ithink this is the app. Not sure if it's available outside of the UK. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-vr/ps-vr-experiences/

"Invasion" is a cool short movie. You are also in the body of a polar bear, if you look down on yourself... so it could be interesting for at least one forum member here. ;)

Around the Network

The setup is a mess, My mate brought one and his living room is a mess now. I loved how gamers hated the Power Brick for XB1 yet the Box that comes with the PSVR acceptable. It reminds me of the 32X for the Sega Genesis.

My mate enjoys it, not sure if its worth the price tag. I didnt mind it either however VR gaming is just not for me.

Azzanation said:
The setup is a mess, My mate brought one and his living room is a mess now. I loved how gamers hated the Power Brick for XB1 yet the Box that comes with the PSVR acceptable. It reminds me of the 32X for the Sega Genesis

So...any actual impressions of PSVR, or are you just upset that people didn't like the Xbox One powerbrick?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Conina said:
Fei-Hung said:

Ithink this is the app. Not sure if it's available outside of the UK. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-vr/ps-vr-experiences/

"Invasion" is a cool short movie. You are also in the body of a polar bear, if you look down on yourself... so it could be interesting for at least one forum member here. ;)

It's a white bunny constume! The same as comes up to you. It's a nice demonstration of surround video with 3D elements.

I enjoyed Allumette a lot more though. Tip: you can change your position by resetting the viewpoint (option button) so you can reach further into the scenes. Fun lying down on a virtual path looking up at the stars or crawling under the bridge.

My 7 year old is sold on Rigs, longest tutorial ever, he's finally playing a match.

Not all the things in that ps-vr-experiences are available here and the are all separate downloads in different places:
Alumette, Invasion, Littlestar VR Cinema, Harmonix Music VR, Within and VR Video are available in Canada.
Nice list of freebies.

Azzanation said:

The setup is a mess, My mate brought one and his living room is a mess now. I loved how gamers hated the Power Brick for XB1 yet the Box that comes with the PSVR acceptable. It reminds me of the 32X for the Sega Genesis.

Of course the extra box and the cables are not invisible, but if you don't lay the cables directly through your room, and don't put the connection-box directly into the room, it ain't "a mess".

If you are not robbing on my floor you can't even see the PSVR-connection-box (it is laying on the back of my Xbox One for now) from a standing or seated position*:

From this point you have ONE cable from the connection-box to the headset. That cable is long enough that you don't have to lay it straight through the room. In my room most part of that cable is hidden under my sofa (i pulled it forward for the photo, but pushed back that part also ain't visible from a standing or seating position:

Despite of the detour that cable takes, it is still long enough to play anything in a seated or standing position. If that cable is too short due to that detour, you are probable out of the visible area of the PS4 camera anyways:

* Yeah, I know I have to clean the dust... I'll do it next month while replacing the PS4 with a PS4 Pro ;)

PS.: the USB cable at the front of the P4 is a bit annoying. I hope that the PS4 Pro gets a few more USB slots at the back.

Around the Network

You think you're a man? Just try to finish PT with the headset on. I dare you!

Ace Combat cant come soon enough. And the Star Wars game

Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:
The setup is a mess, My mate brought one and his living room is a mess now. I loved how gamers hated the Power Brick for XB1 yet the Box that comes with the PSVR acceptable. It reminds me of the 32X for the Sega Genesis

So...any actual impressions of PSVR, or are you just upset that people didn't like the Xbox One powerbrick?

I did actually enjoy VR alot more than i antipated. If i had one it will be more for a past time than actual serious gaming. Its different. I couldnt play it for anymore than an hour without it straining my eyes. 

Ill pass but ill recommand it for those who love horror games like Kitchen.

Conina said:
Azzanation said:

Of course the extra box and the cables are not invisible, but if you don't lay the cables directly through your room, and don't put the connection-box directly into the room, it ain't "a mess".

If you are not robbing on my floor you can't even see the PSVR-connection-box (it is laying on the back of my Xbox One for now) from a standing or seated position*:

From this point you have ONE cable from the connection-box to the headset. That cable is long enough that you don't have to lay it straight through the room. In my room most part of that cable is hidden under my sofa (i pulled it forward for the photo, but pushed back that part also ain't visible from a standing or seating position:

Despite of the detour that cable takes, it is still long enough to play anything in a seated or standing position. If that cable is too short due to that detour, you are probable out of the visible area of the PS4 camera anyways:

* Yeah, I know I have to clean the dust... I'll do it next month while replacing the PS4 with a PS4 Pro ;)

PS.: the USB cable at the front of the P4 is a bit annoying. I hope that the PS4 Pro gets a few more USB slots at the back.

He has his box sitting ontop of his PS4 due to his room layout. Yours looks much more professional.

Vr is not only a good fit for horror game but its also a perfetc fit games like rez ace combat cockpit games and I'm sure devs will find games that fit for it