By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HaZe a PS3 Exclusive? my reasoning

Wow, Larry is right. I never thought I'd be saying that phrase on the VG Charts Forums. Here is a crappy auto translation of the Jeux-France article Larry linked. "The developers of Haze have just confirmed at the time of a presentation of their FPS to the Ubidays to Paris that them title was beautiful and well in development on Xbox 360 and PERCENT, what's more version PlayStation 3, for a gone out foreseen on the three platforms at the end of the year. The rumor concerning the exclusivity rights PlayStation 3 semblance therefore denied, less according to the declarations of the developers of Radical Free Design. To follow."

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
so that means we are back where we started.

as a ps3 fan i would never buy generic sub par looking Ubi titles.

just compare even Ubi's most talked Assassin's Creed's CGI footage with ingame footages of Uncharted/Heavenly Sword/Lair.

they look wayy better.

it never started cause we were not looking forward to any of Ubi's title.

see SC 5 which again looks like a mere cartoon.

here at vgcharts people are more sensible than Neogaf  where trolls are comparing Ubi games with Uncharted ....lollllllllll

larry, i wrote that already in the other thread, haze is NOT just an ubi title, it's a free radical title published by ubi soft. free radical are the makers of the time splitters series, and, what is even more important, a lot of former rare employees are working for them. I predict that they are going to release a uber-game this generation, maybe it's haze.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

It is a PS3 exclusive, at least a timed one: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171219.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0 Great job URNotE seriously you predicted something before it happened :)

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

And I think I know why... Just my thoughts. Why would they put it on the 360, when it will be overshadowed by Halo 3 anyway?? Instead, put it on the PS3 and say it is a direct competitor to Halo 3 and PS3 owners will rush to get it. It may be a timed exclusive for a while.

Around the Network
larry said:
sieanr said:
larry said:
Dolla Dolla said:

URNotE's points were well researched, and from this announcement, it appears he is correct. Until there are further announcements, you gotta give him credit.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.fr%2Fhaze-exclusivite-playstation-actu-74014.html&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

A french site translated to English through Google language tools. 

i dont believe that it is even timed exclusive.

i am pretty sure tomorrow UBI would debunk the claim of exclusivity.

YOU GUYS COULD BE PUZZLED that this is coming from a Sony sheep like me but trust me tomorrow THE NEWS AND BUZZ of exclusivity would be proven wrong.

my predictions are sometimes dead on target.

POTY

hey watch your tongue.

HAZE has also been confirmed for x360 and pc today.

heres the link

www.jeux-france.com

are u on POT?

LOL, I thought it was funny that you admit you're a sony sheep.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

DonWii said:
And I think I know why... Just my thoughts. Why would they put it on the 360, when it will be overshadowed by Halo 3 anyway?? Instead, put it on the PS3 and say it is a direct competitor to Halo 3 and PS3 owners will rush to get it. It may be a timed exclusive for a while.

graphically Haze kills halo 3.

However Hasze & Halo 3 could both be crucified by Killzone 2.

i am sure Sony would defer Killzone 2 if Haze is in fact a ps3 exclusive.

Graphics don't determine how good a game is...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

How the hell do you know what killzone looks like? Oh wait, you dont...

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

@Larry. Graphics arent everything ffs. You keep on telling us these games kill the 'cartoony' halo 3 yet they wont sell if they arent fun to play. Sounds like HaZe might be though =P.