By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HaZe a PS3 Exclusive? my reasoning

So, I'm sure a lot of you have read the big article in PSM about Haze. Now, I know it's said to be for the 360, PS3, and PC, but I think that it could perhaps be a PS3 exlusive. This is why I think there could be a possibility:

1. In the magazine, one of the sections of the article is "Lessons Learned".  Taken directly from the magazine:
"Does Sony need a Halo? In reality, the answer is no, but Haze may be the game to fill that gap, while defining it's own audience on the way."

Now, I know they say nothing about exclusivity, or non-exclusivity, but they are talking about Haze coming to Sony and comparing it to an XBOX 360 exclusive. A BIG 360 exclusive. Last time anyone compared like that was Killzone - a PS exclusive. To me, it seems strange they would talk about how Sony needs a certain type of game, especially when compared to an exclusive.
BUT, obviously, this proves NOTHING. And it's my least impressive point. It could just as well mean that Sony needs a shooter to fill the gap in many PS3 owners's lives. That simple.

2. Moving on...
I went to Gamestop today on my lunch break and checked the upcoming releases. Haze was in the book for PS3, but was NOT in the book or the computer for 360 or PC. Hmm.....

So, right before I wrote this, I checked Gamestop's website. Now, they have the game listed for all three, but the PS3 version is the only one that was updated with a picture and a release date. The 360 and PC version were left untouched, with "no photo available" and the old release date. Why would they get an update on only one version of the game? Hmm... x 2

3. Moving on again....
On IGN, if you search for Haze, it says the game is for all 3 consoles. However, if you click on the PS3 version and look at the right of the page on the game details area, it doesn't say "Also available for:" like it always does (check othe rmultiplatform games if you don't believe me). And again, release dates were updated for the PS3, not for the 360 or PC.

4. Keep moving...
Free Radical's previous games were Playstation-exclusives. And they are very proud of those games. And they did quite well. From the magazine:
"According to game review aggregation site, GameRanking.com, three of the top six shooters of all time on the Playstation 2 were developed by Free Radical, including the number one spot for Time Splitters 2."

So, they're comfortable with Sony. And I think Sony is comfortable with them.

Still don't really believe me?

5. Here's the final kicker....

On the bottom left of that page, you see their "Game Checklist". It's each game on their roster (past and future), what console it was released on, and when it came/comes out.

See under Upcoming? It says, "Haze, PS3 (2007)" Identical to the PS2-exclusive releases.

So, that's the end of my speculation.

Oh, and for those of you who say that this kind of thing doesn't happen, let me remind you about Warhound. It was going to be a 360 exclusive, then moved to both, then moved to PS3 exclusive. And that's been confirmed.

Post Away!

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Did you notice how Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters 3, and Second Site were cross platform titles yet were also listed only for the PS2?

Could it be that the Official Playstation Magazine doesn't want to advertize that a game is also available for the XBox 360?

All fascinating theories but you don't have to look all that hard to find confirmation that it's coming to the 360: http://www.frd.co.uk/haze/pressRelease.php

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
All fascinating theories but you don't have to look all that hard to find confirmation that it's coming to the 360: http://www.frd.co.uk/haze/pressRelease.php

yea that article you posted is over a year old... read what i posted at the bottom of my original post again

Oh, and for those of you who say that this kind of thing doesn't happen, let me remind you about Warhound. It was going to be a 360 exclusive, then moved to both, then moved to PS3 exclusive. And that's been confirmed.

PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:

yea that article you posted is over a year old... read what i posted at the bottom of my original post again

I never said that it doesn't happen but when the developer itself still references it as a 360 game, I'm not too worried about it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

its multi, but if they hit the 360 limits they could decide to can it and do only PS3 like some devs have.

Well, that's certainly interesting.  If you are right, I'll give you the 2007 award for sleuthing.

Interesting information you gathered (and right aligned, no less). The biggest problem with this is that, although Free Radical is developing the game, it is being published by ... Ubisoft. Need I say more?

plus you do have to rememeber ubisoft did say they have a unnamed ps3 exclusive game to be later named probably at the mini E3... could be haze

PSNTAG= Xander732

I don't see anything about Warhound being PS3 exclusive. Do you have a link?