By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft brand image in decline. Drops from 12th(2004) to 59th(2007)

@rock_on_2008

yes but it seems unfair then cus the people make fun of that same person for him being rich (as Vista only runs smoothly on powerful comp.)

its a circle...people hate vista with passion, but that should go away when such computers become cheaper

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@rock_on_2008

yes but it seems unfair then cus the people make fun of that same person for him being rich (as Vista only runs smoothly on powerful comp.)

its a circle...people hate vista with passion, but that should go away when such computers become cheaper

Wait another year or two for that to happen. Expect more glitches and bugs to be removed from Windows Vista in a year or two time.

@Rock_On

yeah...If I remember correctly XP had similar problems at first as well..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rock_On

yeah...If I remember correctly XP had similar problems at first as well..

Every MS Windows OS has problems it its first couple of years. The more recent Windows Vista launch stands out and is more fresh in one's mind. Funny how MS launch untested Windows OS onto the market.

Regarding entertainment side of things MS has no portable device to compete with Nintendo and Sony. Regarding media players MS's, recently released Zune has been a huge failure compared to ever so popular and successful Apple Ipod.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Yeah people with Vista at school keep getting told its crap, when the truth is all you need is a powerful computer..

Yeah and that costs more money to purchase a more powerful computer. To run Vista smoothly you need a minimum of 2GB of memory.

Not true. My laptop only has 1 GB and Vista is faster than XP ever was. It's Vista Ultimate btw.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i only have 1gb ram and it runs fine too. but my fans kick in much more often with vista though.

Took you long enough, I could have posted this article last week,

On topic:

No suprise, I hate windows vista and Im using it right now.

mM

There are several reasons for this, but one of the main reasons is the growing acceptability of open source software within businesses ... Certainly, usage of open source software is not that widespread yet, but more and more companies are becomming aware that there is high quality, low cost alternatives to every product Microsoft provides.

leo-j said:
Took you long enough, I could have posted this article last week,

On topic:

No suprise, I hate windows vista and Im using it right now.

If  leo-j says he hates windows vista that is a good endorsement for me. BTW when I say Windows Vista is crap I mean its not that good in PC gaming for the latest games, sure it may be ok to do assignments, browse the net etc. Where are all those Windows Vista only games? Windows Vista does not seem to work well with older software.