By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guy goes in dry on No Man's Sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8vLJ66Vhc

By far the most brutal criticism I have seen for the game yet, because while others have focused on what the game isn't, or what it was should be, or what Hello Games said it would be, this just discusses why even when you strip all of that away, the game is just not any good. This video took me from a strong "wait for Steam sale" to a "never fucking bother". Holy crap, idk how people could subject themselves to a hundred hours of this. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

LOL @ that ending. Like, we already knew the ending was a complete joke and a total dick slap to the face of even  the most staunch NMS apologists. But the end of this video might just be the most laughably bad job of developing kind  of thing I have ever seen in a game, and I played Superman 64 multiplayer. I won't spoil it, the thing is so good you must experience it for yourselves.

Lock if old.

Around the Network

Yeah game was overhyped big time. I was a sucker at launch aswell. Ill watch the video when i finish work.
Dont bother with this game. The lies and finger pointing going on now with NMS is just a joke. Buy a decent PC and pick up Star Citizen.

Versus_Evil said:

Looks better than any creature I have seen in NMS.

Honestly even I fell for it a bit. I wanted this game on Xbox, but now I'm kind of happy I never had to waste $60 on it. Elite dangerous seems far better than this. Its a shame, especially with how much potential this game had.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Azzanation said:
Yeah game was overhyped big time. I was a sucker at launch aswell. Ill watch the video when i finish work.
Dont bother with this game. The lies and finger pointing going on now with NMS is just a joke. Buy a decent PC and pick up Star Citizen.

Star citizen is finished? Werent poeple rewuesting fir their money back? Doesn't still not have a release date even though it was announced 4yrs ago?

Lol.... the things you say. NMS was a joke but coming in here to recommended a PC and star citizen is well...... deep. 

Around the Network

You know, it's kind of funny how some people spend more time and energy on games they don't want to play than on games they like. Gamer culture is a never-ending source of amusement.

pokoko said:
You know, it's kind of funny how some people spend more time and energy on games they don't want to play than on games they like. Gamer culture is a never-ending source of amusement.

That would be weird and funny, but I'm not sure how you'd know people do that. Maybe speaking from personal experience?

pokoko said:

Sometimes you just think the game might have something better to offer, and sometimes it can take a while to realize a game really is bad. And sometimes there can be something you look forward to in a bad game, and it could be that the wait was either worth it or not. It's not always that simple.

The game is still a huge success though.

Pinkie_pie said:
The game is still a huge success though.

on what grounds? the game is a disaster that was met poorly with critics and fans alike. and people arent idiots. if they see that Hello Games is making a new game, they will wait it out. they will wait to see reviews, wait until its on sale, and not buy it day one. this game left them in a pretty bad position, and its going to take a lot to get people to forgive them