By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
Jumpin said:

I'm high, so I was sitting here laughing with everyone over it.
Logan Paul is an asshole because it draws a lot of negative press, and then he gains a lot of positive contrarian/curiosity attention.
Nia Jax reminds me of:

You know, except Samoan size.

DUDE I AM ALSO SO HIGH!

Also, that powerbomb on Nia was amazing. Bayley better win this one. It could be a star making performance if she does. 

Edit: ;_; I am so sad right now. Great match. Easily Nia's best ever. Poor Bayley. ***1/2

Love the nods to Bret/Shawn/Taker in the attire. 

Whoever is booking the CM Punk Mcyntyre storyline needs a raise. Definitely the best story since Mania. Great match. Punk was kind of sucking wind, but to be expected coming off an injury. He still delivered despite that. This time around, CM Punk gets distracted by his hatred of Seth Rollins and winds up costing himself the match. ****1/2

THIS STORYLINE IS A HATE TRIANGLE AND IT IS AMAZING!!

By the end of the match the crowd was really really behind Priest. In what was a trend, Priest had his best match of the night. Oddly enough this was the first time I really bought him as champion. The turn was something that could be seen from a mile away, but that's not a bad thing. Sometimes you just have to do the logical thing.****

That Miz R-Truth segment was one of the worst I have ever seen. Although Jelly Roll did the moves better than one might expect. Logan Paul vs Jelly Roll will main event Wrestlemania 42. 

Arn Anderson is on TV. And he's promising a couple of friends on the way to help Cody. O_O. Reigns? Lesnar? Zak Ryder? Woo woo woo? Damien Sandow? Cody growing the mustache back?

This long entrance is weird but I think I like it. Nah. I like it. It's so sacchrine and wholeome. It's like warm apple pie for the soul. 

I think Jacob Fatu is legit hurt. :( That sucks right after debuting. 

Roman is back. And with cool new music. And this ramp is so damn long it makes the run ins take forever XD.

That was ok. A bit like the Mania 40 main event. The ending was a bit messed up by what I think was a legit injury to Jacob Fatu which put a damper on the whole thing. 

***1/2

Pretty good event overall. Very sports entertainy.

Edit: Now that I think about it I dunno if Jacob Fatu is injured.

If the idea was to make you wonder whose side Roman was on, then it really only makes sense if just Cody and Solo are in the ring. If Jacob Fatu was in there too, then it would only make sense if Roman was coming to even the odds, so you'd know right away who he was there to help Cody. So hopefully there is no injury and just good selling.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 August 2024

Around the Network

It was a good show with some great matches.
It looks like Jacob Fatu and Logan Paul got “banged up” according to Triple H.
Jacob Fatu from the table spot (most likely), and Logan Paul by virtue of wrestling a bigger match than he’s ever done before.

Interesting moment, particularly knowing the history,

CM Punk has gone from being the biggest outsider to being the biggest company man.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Reflecting on it all.

The only match I felt was weaker than expected was Sami Zayn vs Breaker. They've done better than this. Perhaps it was the amount of time they had for the match because this was rematch.

Match of the show, IMO, was Damien Priest vs Gunther. I was already a big fan of Walter, but I'm a bigger fan of Damien Priest now than I was before the event. The ending surprised me a little, I thought Gunther's path to his first World Title would lead to Wrestlemania, probably via the Royal Rumble.
Bayley vs Nia Jax was also interesting, the crowd began dead at the beginning of the match, chattering between each other, and then were into it and loud by the end.
LA Knight vs Logan Paul was the other match that shone brighter than expected, those superplexes looked brutal, and he did something that almost looked like a burning hammer through a table. That was a lot of punishment for Logan Paul.

Liv vs Rhea, CM Punk vs Drew with Seth, and Solo vs Cody were great too, but there was no surprise about these matches.

Summerslam 2024 seems to be an amazing event.

Lot of title changes and storyline developments.

Judgment day is pretty much done and the Bloodline Civil war is about to start - likely to prep up for Survivor Series in November.

I was thinking about the Judgment Day, there's two factions now:
1. Priest and Rhea
2. Liv, Dom, and Finn

JD and Carlito could go either direction.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

I was thinking about the Judgment Day, there's two factions now:
1. Priest and Rhea
2. Liv, Dom, and Finn

JD and Carlito could go either direction.

JD is a close friend of Finn so its obvious he's gonna side with him.

Carlito is friends with Dom and Priest hates him (same with Rhea).

Apparently Jacob Fatu is wearing a walking boot. Could just be selling. At least it rules out something like an ACL tear or a broken leg. Hopefully he's ok cause I don't think this feud works without him.

I read Jacob Fatu’s injury is a work planned before the show. Both he and Rhea supposedly have scripted injuries.
Perhaps he had another injury that he needs time to heal up, or it’s to keep him out of the angle with Roman right away.

And yeah, so I guess it’ll be Rhea & Priest vs the other five. Will they pick up a couple of other allies on time for Survivor Series? Or hand the baton to The Final Testament?

Damien Priest's first title reign may have been lacklustre, but his second title reign will be stellar.

I foresee him winning the rumble and main eventing Wrestlemania within the next 3 years. He's probably #4 down from Roman, Cody, and Walter - and it's probable that not one of those three will be in the Rumble match next year: Cody and Walter are champs and Roman will be involved in some major bloodline feud. I think Punk, Drew, and Seth make up the next tier down - and they could win, it'll be 4 years since an ultra-established guy won the men's rumble (Edge in 2021). It feels a bit like when the Rock won the first time, it didn't matter the way it did in May 2000 - while it was Backlash, it was the Wrestlemania main event in all but name and date - at the very least, a Wrestlemania calibre win. Priest's next win will be akin to The Rock's 2000 win, while his first win was the Rock's lacklustre 98 reign (I mean, it was something, but he was more a surrogate title holder for the corporation and the belt kind of disappeared from relevancy).

As of today, I think Rhea and Priest are the most likely Royal Rumble 2025 winners.

Jumpin said:

Damien Priest's first title reign may have been lacklustre, but his second title reign will be stellar.

I foresee him winning the rumble and main eventing Wrestlemania within the next 3 years. He's probably #4 down from Roman, Cody, and Walter - and it's probable that not one of those three will be in the Rumble match next year: Cody and Walter are champs and Roman will be involved in some major bloodline feud. I think Punk, Drew, and Seth make up the next tier down - and they could win, it'll be 4 years since an ultra-established guy won the men's rumble (Edge in 2021). It feels a bit like when the Rock won the first time, it didn't matter the way it did in May 2000 - while it was Backlash, it was the Wrestlemania main event in all but name and date - at the very least, a Wrestlemania calibre win. Priest's next win will be akin to The Rock's 2000 win, while his first win was the Rock's lacklustre 98 reign (I mean, it was something, but he was more a surrogate title holder for the corporation and the belt kind of disappeared from relevancy).

As of today, I think Rhea and Priest are the most likely Royal Rumble 2025 winners.

I dunno. Problem is that Priest is a bit on the older side, as he's already over 40. WWE has no problems focussing on older people, if they're already stars, but I'm not sure I see him getting that level of push. I think Priest's reign might be a one and done. And, nothing wrong with that, as it's far better than 99.9% of those who get in the business will ever do. 

If we're making way too early predictions, I'm gonna go with Bianca Belair and Big E.