By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
hellobion2 said:

What amazes me is how John Cena became so popular in the WWE and now I don't even hear about him. Also the fall of the mcmhann has been very interesting to follow over the course of the last two years.

He was in Barbie, Suicide Squad, has his own series, and was at the Oscars. And he was at Mania.

It's not like he stopped doing stuff, but he's doing stuff that's mainly for a different audience that you may not be part of. I do hope he has one last real run in WWE, but that may not happen. 

Around the Network

For anyone interested, AEW fight forever is available to download for free on PS Plus or PS Gold or whatever it is. I don't think it's very good, but it's free so make your own judgment.

I'll get it when its cheaper (and not on a sub service).

BasilZero said:

I'll get it when its cheaper (and not on a sub service).

It's one of those deals where if you sign up for a month, you can download the game, and keep it forever regardless of whether you keep the subscription. I think a month's membership is like, 10 bucks, so I don't think you're going to get it for much cheaper. 

JWeinCom said:

It's one of those deals where if you sign up for a month, you can download the game, and keep it forever regardless of whether you keep the subscription. I think a month's membership is like, 10 bucks, so I don't think you're going to get it for much cheaper. 

But the only way you can play those games is as long as you keep the sub and they become unusable if you dont have the subscription.

You "keep" them sure but wont have access to it unless the sub is active.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JWeinCom said:

But the only way you can play those games is as long as you keep the sub and they become unusable if you dont have the subscription.

You "keep" them sure but wont have access to it unless the sub is active.

Oh, I thought you could play them without the sub. My bad. 

Curious to see what they do with Mcyntyre and Priest tomorrow. It seems weird to have Mcyntyre lose in his home country twice in a row, particularly because it is actually his home country this time. On the other hand, it's soon for Priest to lose the title. If CM Punk costs Drew the title, would he be treated as the heel? I kind of feel like a significant part of the audience would still cheer him.

Is it just me or does the overall state of wrestling seem so stale compared to nitro/attitude/ early agression era? Honestly I can't sit through a show of smackdown or raw. Aew is almost as bad, but puts out better wrestling matches.

KratosLives said:

Is it just me or does the overall state of wrestling seem so stale compared to nitro/attitude/ early agression era? Honestly I can't sit through a show of smackdown or raw. Aew is almost as bad, but puts out better wrestling matches.

Maybe. But also consider that you're almost 30 years older. People always tend to think the stuff from when they were young was so much better because they remember how it exciting it used to feel, but maybe it was just more exciting because they were younger 

Edit: For anyone stuggling to get excited for wrasslin, I got some advice. Get very high. Order pizza. I'm super highped for the show man.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 15 June 2024

Huh. Did not think they'd actually have Bianca and Jade drop the tag titles so quickly. Nice to see the home town heroes win for a change. We'll see if they have a long term plan to keep the belts relevant.