By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Shuhei Yoshida be fired from Sony?

"Hey, Shuhei. You sold us 40+ million game systems... you're fired."

Games are done when they're done, and it's still a WIP beyond that. There's been enough good exclusives this year where you don't have to be that thirsty.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I don't know. He let Knack and The Order happen. Driveclub had a absolutely terrible launch when they could have had Gran Turismo on PS4 instead. Plus he was even offering more money to Hello Games for No Mans Sky.

I think that PSVR should be the deciding factor on whether or not he gets fired.

What do you mean?

Bandorr said:
No.
Delaying games to make games better is NOT a bad thing.

"The game still has problems."
"Too bad - release it now" is a HORRIBLE concept.

Actually it is a bad thing. It shows lack of proper management which will show in the final product.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Bandorr said:
No.
Delaying games to make games better is NOT a bad thing.

"The game still has problems."
"Too bad - release it now" is a HORRIBLE concept.

Actually it is a bad thing. It shows lack of proper management which will show in the final product.

Will it? Is there a negative correlation between a game getting delayed and it's quality?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
vivster said:

Will it? Is there a negative correlation between a game getting delayed and it's quality?

Considering the track record of an average game delayed or undelayed I'd say you cannot draw a correlation between a delayed and undelayed. However I would never assume that a delayed game is somehow more polished than a game that was finished on time. Delays only show problems in management and time constraints. It certainly is not a good sign.

What I'm getting at is while a delayed game will probably be better than if it wasn't delayed it is never a good sign and no developer ever should be commended for delaying a game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

In an alternate reality Shuhei Yoshida is hired by MicroSoft and single handedly saves Xbone from bankruptcy.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

His Nintendo accounts get banned because he tries to advertise Sony on Nintendos network. Thats pretty low

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/14/sonys-yoshida-has-been-banned-twice-on-miiverse

As for delaying games, its never a good sign for the customers or the management. Millions are spent on advertisments and many want to be able to play now rather than later. Just look at Duke Nukem. If you cant get your products on time than theres a problem with there developers or there marketing. Either way theres an issue.

Bandorr said:
Azzanation said:
His Nintendo accounts get banned because he tries to advertise Sony on Nintendos network. Thats pretty low

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2014/04/14/sonys-yoshida-has-been-banned-twice-on-miiverse

In 2014. With one of them being a mistake of including his twitter account.

He is also someone that plays Wii U games with ihs daughters, and says nice things about Phil Spencer.

You can't get lower than you know.. being nice right.

You are trying too hard you don't need to use every post as an attack on Sony.

Yeah because putting your twitter account as your user name and claiming you love PS on Nintendos network was an accident. Haha honestly this guy gets treated like Jesus. I bet if Phil said he loves MS on the PS network you will all be fumming and want his head.  Crazy world we live in.

For the record, this isnt an attack on Sony. Its about Shuhei Yoshida. An individual is not a corporation.

Delaying a game makes it better even though you have to wait longer. You're not exactly going to die if you get it a couple months later.

Azzanation said:
Bandorr said:

In 2014. With one of them being a mistake of including his twitter account.

He is also someone that plays Wii U games with ihs daughters, and says nice things about Phil Spencer.

You can't get lower than you know.. being nice right.

You are trying too hard you don't need to use every post as an attack on Sony.

Yeah because putting your twitter account as your user name and claiming you love PS on Nintendos network was an accident. Haha honestly this guy gets treated like Jesus. I bet if Phil said he loves MS on the PS network you will all be fumming and want his head.  Crazy world we live in.